1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Google +1 plus button not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by VLEPSC, Feb 8, 2012.

VLEPSC Member

Hi- I have never been able to get this to work right. Whenever I click the +1 button, I get the red exclamation point. Google's help sheet says this:

+1 button errors​

If the +1 button is unavailable or has stopped working, you'll see this image: [​IMG]
    A +1 button error can occur for a variety of reasons, including the following:
    • Server timeout: Check your Internet connection and try refreshing the page.
    • Suspended profile: If your profile has been suspended, you won't be able to +1 content.
    • Apps user: If your administrator hasn't enabled Google+ for your domain, you won't be able to sign up for a Google+ account to use the +1 button.
    • Blocked cookies: If you've disabled 3rd party cookies in your browser you won't be able to use the +1 button.
    I'm not sure what the problem is. My account is not suspended, I get the red exclamation point immediately so I doubt its a server timeout. My cookies are all good. Is it Google or Xenforo?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's working for me here, so I suspect it's Google's end or your end.

VLEPSC Member

What credentials does google plus pull from to associate your xf profile with google +?
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's no integration - it's just their +1 button where we include some JS in the page.

VLEPSC Member

ok, thanks Mike.