XF 1.2 Good "base" for custom template

MikeX

Hi,

I want to develop a new custom template for my XF 1.2 board. I have sufficient HTML/CSS knowledge but insufficient understanding of XF's template structure.
Hence, I was hoping to find a "starter"/"skeleton"/"bare bones" type of template which will have the necessary files and just enough styling to make things legible, to use as a base. Every major platform has those, but seemingly not XF :-/

Using the default theme would be problematic as it's cluttered with a lot of styling over dozens of CSS files that have to be cleaned up first.

Any advice as to how to get started? Likewise, how did you go about creating a custom theme and making sense of the dozens of files and no inclusive manual? Thanks

What I mean is a template with minimal CSS styling, to avoid spending lots of time figuring out what styling is essential to XF mechanics (e.g. displaying buttons and elements in the right places) and what's purely aesthetics.

Hi,

I want to develop a new custom template for my XF 1.2 board. I have sufficient HTML/CSS knowledge but insufficient understanding of XF's template structure.
Hence, I was hoping to find a "starter"/"skeleton"/"bare bones" type of template which will have the necessary files and just enough styling to make things legible, to use as a base. Every major platform has those, but seemingly not XF :-/

Using the default theme would be problematic as it's cluttered with a lot of styling over dozens of CSS files that have to be cleaned up first.

Any advice as to how to get started? Likewise, how did you go about creating a custom theme and making sense of the dozens of files and no inclusive manual? Thanks
For a base framework you may want to take a look at http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenomorph-style-framework.1636/ - then create a default theme off of it and start styling it. That way you have a lot of custom features already coded.

What I did was (since I liked it) purchased xenFoogle Pro and played with it till it fit what I wanted (still playing with it in fact).

Top Bottom