Going Rates?

Robert F Schmitz

A friend is in the planning stage for a new community and I have been asked to setup the community from initial design, setup through maintaining it. We will need to involve folks to do some custom coding but my question, for purposes of the business proposal, is what is the going rate for doing the three steps noted in the beginning?

Any feedback of what we should allocate for an hourly rate would be appreciated.

A friend is in the planning stage for a new community and I have been asked to setup the community from initial design, setup through maintaining it. We will need to involve folks to do some custom coding but my question, for purposes of the business proposal, is what is the going rate for doing the three steps noted in the beginning?

Any feedback of what we should allocate for an hourly rate would be appreciated.

Quote what you feel your time is worth...

Have you checked out also some of the designers here? Russ, Forsaken etc who do exceptional work plus (and don't quote me) @Mike Edge sets up xenforo sites if it's xenforo your wanting to build from. You might want to shoot them a PC and ask. :)

Have you checked out also some of the designers here? Russ, Forsaken etc who do exceptional work plus (and don't quote me) @Mike Edge sets up xenforo sites if it's xenforo your wanting to build from. You might want to shoot them a PC and ask. :)

Thanks @Shelley! Correct, all our hosting packages come fully managed, we can install xF for you along with we offer upgrading to later versions along with installing any mods/styles you like, we give you a place to upload the zip files of the mod/styles you desire and we take it from there.

I'm thinking about going full time freelance in a year or two (not for forum stuff) and so I've been looking into how to properly charge and work out correct pricing for my time. I found this is a pretty good model, though it assumes you are full time freelance:

Desired yearly pay + %taxes (around 30%) + Yearly overheads = Total 1
Total 1 / Yearly billable hours = Total 2
Total 2 + 10%~30% (for growth) = Hourly rate

Top Bottom