GoDaddy DNS attacked, millions site down

When you're as big as GoDaddy, you're going to be a target. Anonymous doesn't give a crap about small businesses, or anyone else that might be surviving from their website that might be hosted with GoDaddy. All they care about is what they can do next. Instead of exploiting security issues, they DoS attack websites to bring them down. What does this fix? I am so sick and tired of hearing about Anonymous and their bullsh!t. They are not for the people, they are for themselves. Anonymous is the definition of Hypocrisy.

@Adam,
a·non·y·mous
   [uh-non-uh-muhs]
adjective
without any name acknowledged, as that of author, contributor, or the like: an anonymous letter to the editor; an anonymous donation.
of unknown name; whose name is withheld: an anonymous author.
lacking individuality, unique character, or distinction: an endless row of drab, anonymous houses.

You're not being very anonymous...

When you're as big as GoDaddy, you're going to be a target. Anonymous doesn't give a crap about small businesses, or anyone else that might be surviving from their website that might be hosted with GoDaddy. All they care about is what they can do next. Instead of exploiting security issues, they DoS attack websites to bring them down. What does this fix? I am so sick and tired of hearing about Anonymous and their bullsh!t. They are not for the people, they are for themselves. Anonymous is the definition of Hypocrisy.

@Adam,

You're not being very anonymous...
Anonymous is a collective and just like with any group, it has it's good people and it's not so good people. Just like how you have good people who are Democratic or Republican and you have some bad people who are Democratic or Republican. Or think of it this way... You can't blame every Christian when some religious nut job goes on a killing spree in the name of "God".

Not all of us hide. How do you think news gets out?

edit: Which brings up another point... The mass media only talks about the bad things and so few, if ever, the good.

Firefox for example is open source and version 16 and 17 is being co-developed by members of Anonymous.

Anonymous is a collective and just like with any group, it has it's good people and it's not so good people. Just like how you have good people who are Democratic or Republican and you have some bad people who are Democratic or Republican. Or think of it this way... You can't blame every Christian when some religious nut job goes on a killing spree in the name of "God".

Not all of us hide. How do you think news gets out?

I know and trust me, If Anonymous did more good than bad, my view would be different. I believe in finding security holes and reporting them to that party. I don't believe in exploiting those security holes and sharing innocent peoples personal information for all of the net to see. That's bullying and should not be tolerated.

I loved Anonymous when they went after Scientology.
Project Chanology - was an Epic win. [ed].

is taking down GoDaddy a win ? Prolly not.
Would be weird to hear that one kid took down GoDaddy though.
I say, if the kid discovered a weak link in the Internets, recruit him for the Cyber Warfare against China.
If the kid just used brute force DDOS, that's script kiddie lame, slap him upside the head and make him clean garbage up from the Freeways on weekends for the next year.

IMO.

I know and trust me, If Anonymous did more good than bad, my view would be different. I believe in finding security holes and reporting them to that party. I don't believe in exploiting those security holes and sharing innocent peoples personal information for all of the net to see. That's bullying and should not be tolerated.
I think you would do some good to benefit from joining an Anonymous site. I think you've been spoon fed to much misinformation from the media.

Several times now Anonymous has hacked a few defense grids of governments and dictators, who were coordinating attacks on innocent women and children. Buying some time for families to seek shelter and safety.

Yet you never hear such things in the news. I think only 1x did such a report come out.

Then why aren't you reporting the "good deeds"?

I just find the whole concept a joke. Anyone can say they are in Anonymous. Absolutely ANYONE. My dog even joined last week. How a group who says they are "helping" others, yet acts out above the law is beyond me. Rules are rules, regardless. Oh that's right, "nobody" has laws to follow. It isn't one single person. Its a group effort. No one claims anything at all. Unless it would get them $$$, then you can bet your ass that the Anonymous part would cease.

Then why aren't you reporting the "good deeds"?

I just find the whole concept a joke. Anyone can say they are in Anonymous. Absolutely ANYONE. My dog even joined last week. How a group who says they are "helping" others, yet acts out above the law is beyond me. Rules are rules, regardless. Oh that's right, "nobody" has laws to follow. It isn't one single person. Its a group effort. No one claims anything at all. Unless it would get them $$$, then you can bet your ass that the Anonymous part would cease.
Sometimes the system gets in the way. While politicians play politics with bureaucratic red tape. And sometimes the system is the problem.

We do report the good news, but it's become human nature not to listen or believe good things.

If you told people you killed your neighbor who was assumed on vacation; no one would question you and they would believe it. But if you told people you ran into a burning building to save someone.... Unless you have a lot of eyewitnesses , you're sh*t out of luck.

As much as I dislike GoDaddy, I'm not sure this is entirely their fault.

My understanding is that a coordinated DDoS attack on all of their DNS servers is fairly difficult to defend against?

Sometimes the system gets in the way. While politicians play politics with bureaucratic red tape. And sometimes the system is the problem.

We do report the good news, but it's become human nature not to listen or believe good things.

If you told people you killed your neighbor who was assumed on vacation; no one would question you and they would believe it. But if you told people you ran into a burning building to save someone.... Unless you have a lot of eyewitnesses , you're sh*t out of luck.

This is so far from the truth Adam. Negative and positive both make it on the news. Need some proof, just turn on any news station and you will see. The issue is what they are doing. By they I mean Anonymous. (Even the anon twitts show all negative...) I am not spoon fed anything, Adam, and it's people like you who think people like me are spoon fed crap from news agencies. I know what goes on in this world, I am neither blind nor arrogant but I do believe in doing things the right way. How about I break into your house, steal all of your sh!t and put it out on the front lawn with a sign that says, "Free! take what you want!!!" Just because I can kick your door down doesn't mean I have the right too. Does that make sense?

Look, I am probably one of the best voices you will find that will advocate testing vulnerabilities. I will not, however, justify make those vulnerabilities public to those who wish us harm and sharing personal identification of regular, normal innocent people. I said it before and I'll say it again, anyone can sit behind a fu!#ing computer and be a badass. But it takes a real person to show restraint.

I think you would do some good to benefit from joining an Anonymous site. I think you've been spoon fed to much misinformation from the media.
What website would you recommend to find good info? I'm neither pro, nor anti, Anonymous, but I am curious and have a healthy skepticism of anything coming from mainstream media.

Top Bottom