XF 1.3 Go to First Unread behaviour

tsak76

For some reason several threads that have new posts (here and in my forum) when i click the thread title it doesnt take me to first unread but to first post of the thread instead. i am confused as i thought this wasnt the case up to now and first unread was always the landing post

If you've read the thread already, it will take you to the start by default.

Otherwise, it should take you to a post that has the "new" icon on it (or the last post).

If you've read the thread already, it will take you to the start by default.

Otherwise, it should take you to a post that has the "new" icon on it (or the last post).
well it doesnt., if u click new posts though the behaviour is different. it will take me to first post even if i have read the thread and not the first unread .. :confused: i have to click the small icon from the left of the title to be taken to the first unread

The icon and the thread title generally point to the same thing in the default style. The only case where there's potential to vary is if the thread was last read long ago (read marking data is out of date) or never listed as read. Those would both lead to the first post of the thread and the same thing should happen with the icon even with a slightly different URL.

I could only guess that there's an add-on/style interfering or data isn't being saved in the database properly (though I don't know why). Marking all forums read would certainly remove the issue, but I don't know if it would come back in a month or so.

The icon and the thread title generally point to the same thing in the default style. The only case where there's potential to vary is if the thread was last read long ago (read marking data is out of date) or never listed as read. Those would both lead to the first post of the thread and the same thing should happen with the icon even with a slightly different URL.

I could only guess that there's an add-on/style interfering or data isn't being saved in the database properly (though I don't know why). Marking all forums read would certainly remove the issue, but I don't know if it would come back in a month or so.
i think it happens when the thread has been read up to a point some time ago. its not addon related cause it happens here in xenforo.com

Top Bottom