Gmail like Alert count in Browser tabs for XF 1.1 [Deleted]

Does it autorefresh or only refreshes like the default xf alert only when requests where made?

Actually, I am thinking in enhancements already .. I want to make it auto-refresh (or at least piggyback on the AJAX unread count calls from XenForo itself), a poll every one minute or two should not be that bad. And chrome has a new navigator active event that I could probably use too, to avoid making calls when the browser application itself is on the background.

If people start using it I might get to do all of that. If not, well, it's good as it is.

The implementation is really cool, though, it fetches the favicon, creates a canvas, manipulates the image to add the unread count, updates the favicon ..

I very much like this but I have a suggestion. :)

What about adding the option to add the number to the page title? For example, if you have 3 unread alerts the page title would something like "(3) PAGE TITLE" and would auto-refresh and would automagically disappear when the alerts were read. That way you can see how many unread alerts you have on the site as they come in from another tab.

What about adding the option to add the number to the page title? For example, if you have 3 unread alerts the page title would something like "(3) PAGE TITLE" and would auto-refresh and would automagically disappear when the alerts were read. That way you can see how many unread alerts you have on the site as they come in from another tab.
Yes page title would be much better as a visual reminder and to mimic facebook and gmail.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Gmail like Alert count in Browser tabs with a new update entry:

Auto-refresh, and window title

This update brings
  • The count is also displayed on the window title, and not only the icon (the user would be even more aware that he has new alerts)
  • The alerts will auto-refresh in the background, user just need to keep the tab open
  • Improved the display for icons with a black background, so the count is even more visible

Read the rest of this update entry...

Done
  • Page number

Can you add an option that makes it only show on the window tile? It makes my favicon look ugly with the black number over it.

Can you add an option that makes it only show on the window tile? It makes my favicon look ugly with the black number over it.
Sure.
I made it configurable, so you can choose to show it in the thread title, favicon (both, of course). And I also dropped-in a setting for the refresh rate.

I put the updated version on http://xfaddons.com/ , you can download it from there. You should already have access to the private forum.

For the people that bought this, PM me in xfaddons with the order number so I can give you access to the private forum.

Reactions: DRE
It's showing "(0)" when I have no unread messages, which is unnecessary. It should be clean when there are no unread messages, and I'm also missing an option to make it show on the right side of the window title.

Sure.
I made it configurable, so you can choose to show it in the thread title, favicon (both, of course). And I also dropped-in a setting for the refresh rate.

I put the updated version on http://xfaddons.com/ , you can download it from there. You should already have access to the private forum.

For the people that bought this, PM me in xfaddons with the order number so I can give you access to the private forum.
Thank you very much sir! 5 stars. Where can I change the options so that I can only use it for window title?

Thank you very much sir! 5 stars. Where can I change the options so that I can only use it for window title?

It's in the options.... cannot miss it.

lS0GDL.png

Reactions: DRE
Top Bottom