Globalhax.com

A couple of suggestions, upon visiting:

**The node icons seem like they are out of wack... The margin seems wrong, it doesn't look like they are centered. Too much extra padding on the left.
Screenshot_12.webp Screenshot_13.webp

**Seems like there is a border around the forums not needed
Before.................................. After
Screenshot_10.webp Screenshot_11.webp

The posts themselves seem as though the style is incomplete, or I am missing something.... (although I do find it funny in this post something is called "more stable"... hah.
Screenshot_15.webp

I can't get used to this look....
tabs.gif
Seems once you select, and the arrow comes up, there is a circle around it, then you can see where the border-radius is used on it... all seems odd.

The forum statistics block on the bottom, personally hate it. I wouldn't trust an add-on that came from that crew as it is.

The only other suggestion I would give is to somehow reduce the amount of scroll you have from all the forums. A lot of empty or very small posting in quite a few of them. Would perhaps be better to condense them somehow.

Your decision on software was the correct one though, so you have that as a great start. I'd suggest having the finer points of your theme corrected by the one who converted it over (I think it was @Matthew Hawley ). It seems to have been rushed, which isn't fair to a customer. You have an excellent start, stick with it.

@Sheldon has covered most of the problems that I can also see. The navbar tabs are a mess. Not only is there the radius that Sheldon has mentioned, the selected tab is higher than the unselected tab.

The message area looks half-finished. Stealing Sheldon's image as the example, I've added some indicators of the problems I see with it.

Screenshot_15.webp
1. The New Indicator appears to be floating in the middle of nowhere (this is due to the border having been removed and the indicator not being shifted inline with anything).

2. The post area is a different colour to the rest of the message area (something I'd put down to laziness, because it should either have a border or some kind of blending with the rest of the area).

3. The border around the messageuserinfo box is completely missing, making the administrator ribbon look like it's wrapped around nothing and every so slightly peculiar (especially as the staff member badge doesn't have the ribbon effect on it (again, something I'd put down to lazy coding).

I knew it was missing....

This is your theme:
Screenshot_15.webp

This was the look it was coming from:
Screenshot_16.webp

I'd seriously have @Matthew Hawley go back over this conversion. The more I look at the screens from the original theme, the less it matches.

I think you should be getting the proper service from the one who converted it.

Not going to get all up in this, but no one knows what sort of contract @Matthew Hawley and @GlobalHax had with this skin conversion. Saying He should be getting "proper service" is just slinging mud at Matthew. The guy was happy with Matthew's service so throwing him under a bus just doesn't seem right.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/my-xenforo-services.52628/page-2#post-673237

Not going to get all up in this, but no one knows what sort of contract @Matthew Hawley and @GlobalHax had with this skin conversion. Saying He should be getting "proper service" is just slinging mud at Matthew. The guy was happy with Matthew's service so throwing him under a bus just doesn't seem right.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/my-xenforo-services.52628/page-2#post-673237

I've had different discussions, and the worse part, Matthew even agreed. He didn't get proper service, regardless of how you slice and dice it. No "mud-slinging". Proof is there.

Correct i said it looked good i admit. However just switching over from vb to xf after years on vb i was unaware of how it is suppose to or should look or function (same as anyone using a different forum software for years then 2 days on a new one). Yes it looked good at first glance but as time moves you start noticing little things. i.e if you view a thread from your mobile you cannot see thread title, it is covered by header. I was under the impression if someone offers their services for pay it would be done right and no need for me to look for thing that are wrong. Thank you

I've had different discussions, and the worse part, Matthew even agreed. He didn't get proper service, regardless of how you slice and dice it. No "mud-slinging". Proof is there.

Got it, was just observing.

Correct i said it looked good i admit. However just switching over from vb to xf after years on vb i was unaware of how it is suppose to or should look or function (same as anyone using a different forum software for years then 2 days on a new one). Yes it looked good at first glance but as time moves you start noticing little things. i.e if you view a thread from your mobile you cannot see thread title, it is covered by header. I was under the impression if someone offers their services for pay it would be done right and no need for me to look for thing that are wrong. Thank you

The skin should work as the default does, if there is problems in responsive (mobile) view then yes it should be fixed.

just woke up so I'm sure i missed some other areas that could be tweaked a little.

Add margin-right to the icons (add 10px) it's currently set at zero (10px 0 10px 10px).

Change the padding on the following. This will stop the tablinks (link under the main nav) ijumping when you hover over it.

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a {
padding: 0 9px; }

edit: you could most probably adjust that in SP.

Last edited:
Remove the border from the categorystrips. if you look on the edges they currently look like so.

Screenshot_27.webp

Removing the border or setting the value to zerowill result in a cleaner radius
Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip {
border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;}

Screenshot_28.webp

Thanks for the help and pointing out issues guys. I am no XF styler it took me 2 years to figure out vb lol. i guess i will just try to find a XF styler to make changes to meet my liking. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help and pointing out issues guys. I am no XF styler it took me 2 years to figure out vb lol. i guess i will just try to find a XF styler to make changes to meet my liking. Any suggestions?

May I ask why your not getting matthew to complete the work?

I would recommend @Sheldon or the guys at pixelexit to clean up that style @Russ @Steve F

There's also @Audentio, @Forsaken and a few others.

May I ask why your not getting matthew to complete the work?

I would recommend @Sheldon or the guys at pixelexit to clean up that style @Russ @Steve F

There's also @Audentio, @Forsaken and a few others.

Still waiting for a reply from Mathew. But honestly not sure if i would like to use him for this. He has had to go back and multiple times to fix things. I would like to have someone with a little more styling experience. This has had me considering making a switch on software.

Still waiting for a reply from Mathew. But honestly not sure if i would like to use him for this. He has had to go back and multiple times to fix things. I would like to have someone with a little more styling experience. This has had me considering making a switch on software.

If you grant me template access, and access to the style properties I can probably fix the issues that I mentioned in this thread. Feel free to pc me.

With regards to the other issues. You would be best contacting one of the others I suggested since at best I don't like touching others work but I can atleast fix some of the minor issues for you.

Top Bottom