Giving away xenforo

Maxxamillion

I'm just curious, obviously we cannot sell our licenses more than once but are we allowed to give the account to someone else?

As is no transactions of money between the two parties purely just giving them my account?

According to the XenForo License Agreement, a license can only be transferred once:

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.

So no, it can't be passed on a second time, whether or not money is involved.

Regarding your XenForo customer account (which is independent of your license), you cannot give that to anyone.

You can't give away your account though it can't hurt to create a ticket and ask if XF can make an exception and allow you to transfer the license. The worst case would be a no after all :).

If they do say no then that'll be no, you wouldn't be able to give away your license nor sell it.

Seems there's an opportunity for XF here. If additional transfers were billed at say $10 you'd benefit from transfer fees as well as renewal fees along with more active licenses = greater market share. Don't really care either way, just an observation.

Seems there's an opportunity for XF here. If additional transfers were billed at say $10 you'd benefit from transfer fees as well as renewal fees along with more active licenses = greater market share. Don't really care either way, just an observation.
It's an excellent observation.

Transfer fees are not always a good idea, I have more than 3 vbulletin licenses that I won't use, and I can't sell, because IB made it too hard selling a license for EU residents. they are eligible for transfer they said, but I have to pay about 50$ for each transfer.. ( I don't remember the exact amount).. , So I decided not to sell them.. and not to use them.

I'm just curious, obviously we cannot sell our licenses more than once but are we allowed to give the account to someone else?

As is no transactions of money between the two parties purely just giving them my account?

As mentioned above, you have nothing to lose by asking. Although, I can't see the staff allowing this because it would just be like opening Pandora's box, so to speak.

I'll take the license if XF is willing to give it to me :)

How does XF know that you're not making any monetary value off of a licence transfer? All XF know is that you've initiated a transfer request I don't recall them brokering the deal... Unless I'm missing something?

Top Bottom