Implemented  Give us the option to choose what we receive alerts for

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like this, and that's why I clicked the like button. I'm sorry that an alert shows up now :(

But I completely agree with you.

It would be fantastic if admins could set the defaults and not have these types of things user selectable.

I would either loose a significant % of my membership because they are confused with too many options, or I would be doing non-stop tech support for how to use the forum.

It would be fantastic if admins could set the defaults and not have these types of things user selectable.

I would either loose a significant % of my membership because they are confused with too many options, or I would be doing non-stop tech support for how to use the forum.

I don't think this would be a big problem here. We don't really have many options to choose from in terms of 'Preferences' on XenForo.

I don't think this would be a big problem here. We don't really have many options to choose from in terms of 'Preferences' on XenForo.
Hope you are correct. I've been trying to use a different software for a while now, and the number of user & admin options is quite daunting.

Problem is, not only is it a 'slippery slope' adding things, and the less options available the more standardize/familiar feel it will have across forums.

Hope you are correct. I've been trying to use a different software for a while now, and the number of user & admin options is quite daunting.

Problem is, not only is it a 'slippery slope' adding things, and the less options available the more standardize/familiar feel it will have across forums.

I never really had a problem with having a lot of options. In most cases...they are set and forget, anyway.

Alerts are now getting bloody annoying. With alerts for quoted posts now coming in, this feature is needed now more then ever. There are very few things I wish to receive an alert for, and trophies, quoted posts, etc., aren't on that list.

I have to agree on this one, with the powerful permissions system mike said they build, i think it's time we put it to use :)
You seem to know more of this than me... is it a bitfield permissions system or something much more powerful and effective? :P

Alerts are now getting bloody annoying. With alerts for quoted posts now coming in, this feature is needed now more then ever. There are very few things I wish to receive an alert for, and trophies, quoted posts, etc., aren't on that list.

Agreed.

I can navigate subscribed threads just fine, it might work really well if those alerts did not occur (filter those out).

The alert dropbox has a footer, if there's a little link/checkbox to filter alerts on that checkbox, it will either show everything, or selected, .. (and have it remember it)

This way you could inline change the content.

The alert dropbox has a footer, if there's a little link/checkbox to filter alerts on that checkbox, it will either show everything, or selected, .. (and have it remember it)

This way you could inline change the content.

Are you describing how it could work, or how it does work?

Top Bottom