Giphy Integration [Deleted]

Im looking into TinyMCE again now and will see if I can add permissions as well. I may need to work around it as there is no mechanism that I can find at the moment to control each button by user group, but perhaps I can come up with a workaround for this, I will need to investigate.
The Bbm is dealing with buttons permissions (Redactor/MCE).

I definitely retested it and it works. If you have issues still PM me your site and I will take a look for you

I definitely retested it and it works. If you have issues still PM me your site and I will take a look for you
Not with me, tested new browser, settings are fine but displays the original size on preview and input. Will send PM

Not with me, tested new browser, settings are fine but displays the original size on preview and input. Will send PM
Tested on your site and it is working as expected, I will send you a PM with the screenshot of it working

Just as a clarification to all.
The settings for size restriction are the settings giphy provide if you pick the "fixed width" option the image will only ever strictly constrain to the width part of it and will not constrain the height unless it doesn't effect aspect ratio.

The options come from the end points provided by the API and no constraining of sizes is completed by the addon itself.

So even though the setting says "fixed width width: 200 height: 70" this setting will not give you that exact size only ever the "fixed width of 200" and whatever size is appropriate for the aspect ratio and never below 70px

just bought it and works without any problems on chrome :)

btw one of the most useful addons ever, i think our users will love it :D

what do you mean? in the absence of a direct search answer it will show something related to whatever the default is?

Correct, I'd like the default images to be related to my niche of the site. Like for example, mine would show hockey related or your site if you used it, something like men's suits

Not this...

Hello....webp

Any way to set a default word so it displays suggestions to a niche rather then just random images?
Not at this point but I can add it.

How would this work an admin set keyword or a keyword taken from the users post.

However it isn't random it's based on trending which is a list of trending images that are currently being used The most on giphy

Dannymh updated Giphy Integration with a new update entry:

Big Task, TinyMCE!

ADDED: Support for TinyMCE (yay - that was not easy or fun)
ADDED: Keyword Search on initial load.

Today we added TinyMCE support, it was not easy and it isn't as perfect as I would like. It functions the same and works as fast as ever, the code is all working without problem, but it was not a simple task.

However after a few days of banging my head against a wall and trying different things we had success.

For TinyMCE you will require the BB Codes and Button Manager -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @Dannymh

How can I make all preview images the same size? I don't like the big gap when a larger image is displayed,

1.png

Hey @Dannymh

How can I make all preview images the same size? I don't like the big gap when a larger image is displayed,

1.png
Giphy does not offer an exact same dimension feed. You have to pick either same height or same width.

For that display under the reply box o find the best setting is "fixed height" it makes the best display

Thanks, that looks better.
An issue I found just now.. "Show images based on default Search Word" doesn't work unless "Show Trending Giphy, on first click?" is checked. And my default search term is "wrestling", but it's showing nothing related to it.

Thanks, that looks better.
An issue I found just now.. "Show images based on default Search Word" doesn't work unless "Show Trending Giphy, on first click?" is checked. And my default search term is "wrestling", but it's showing nothing related to it.

Appears to be working when I go to your site. I would say the issue would have been your browser caching the older js file. If I go to your site and click on the button it immediately loads wrestling related giphy's

I've made a tutorial for this and I've coded a lot of individual addons that adds a button... So it shouldn't be that hard:
Addons for reference:

By the way the listener of TinyMCE Quattro has been fully documented with all available functions.

Wanted to say thank you for the items you posted here, this is what helped me get something working with BBM. I'd like to either donate to you or give you a free copy if possible mate.

Wanted to say thank you for the items you posted here, this is what helped me get something working with BBM. I'd like to either donate to you or give you a free copy if possible mate.
You're welcome. I'm very busy at the moment but I accept your offer and will install your addon on my dev board. Thanks :)

@Dannymh

when trying to import the bbcode to use with tinymce,

The template "silvertails_giphy_integration" doesn't exist.
Please enter a valid template name.

Top Bottom