Giphy Integration [Deleted]

This is more of a suggestion than anything I like this addon but to me is an inconvenience to always have to enable debug mode every time I want to edit something. Could you possibly in the future look into Style Properities in conjunction with a dedicated template for this addon so one doesn't have to enable debug mode to make any edits?

Just a thought is all. This may have been done the way it was on purpose because of trying to tie into the editor and if it was I apologize. Just trying to think more of convenience than anything for not just me but for others as well that aren't comfortable editing template modifications.

This is more of a suggestion than anything I like this addon but to me is an inconvenience to always have to enable debug mode every time I want to edit something. Could you possibly in the future look into Style Properities in conjunction with a dedicated template for this addon so one doesn't have to enable debug mode to make any edits?

Just a thought is all. This may have been done the way it was on purpose because of trying to tie into the editor and if it was I apologize. Just trying to think more of convenience than anything for not just me but for others as well that aren't comfortable editing template modifications.

Well I never!

No all good.

You are right it was done because trying to include more CSS with the editor was challenging.

However I'll do that this weekend and change it so that it has its own CSS.

I don't want it to be difficult for you to use, I want it to be a fluid and fun little addon.

I love all the suggestions I have been getting both in private message and here because at the end of the day it is those suggestions that will make the addon awesome!

I'll see if I can ship out with additional CSS this weekend

Well it wouldn't necessarily be easier for me to use just more convenient for everyone cause as it stands you have to enable debug mode make your edits and then disable debug mode. If it has to be that way it has to be that way. I'm honestly good either way. Was thinking more for newbies that barely know how to setup xF and then trying to tell them to edit the config file add a couple of lines of code to it. Save it and reupload blah blah blah you'll lose them. Lol. I'm looking out for those guys hence my suggestion. If you could accomplish the same thing with a dedicated template and Style Properties that would make this an extra awesome addon cause as it stands it's just an awesome addon. ;)

Well it wouldn't necessarily be easier for me to use just more convenient for everyone cause as it stands you have to enable debug mode make your edits and then disable debug mode. If it has to be that way it has to be that way. I'm honestly good either way. Was thinking more for newbies that barely know how to setup xF and then trying to tell them to edit the config file add a couple of lines of code to it. Save it and reupload blah blah blah you'll lose them. Lol. I'm looking out for those guys hence my suggestion. If you could accomplish the same thing with a dedicated template and Style Properties that would make this an extra awesome addon cause as it stands it's just an awesome addon. ;)

It's a very good point and suggestion and totally agree.

So I'll get it done.

I'm also looking at adding key words to choose from and collecting popular terms to build them like Twitter.

But first I want to get ut working with tinymce

I'm also looking at adding support for trending and translate giphy API as well.

May as well go the full hog.

Just don't tell my wife she thinks I'm working when I'm hacking away at the computer at night

I bought this add-on last week, then realized it is not compatible with TinyMCE. I really want to use the add-on but I can't give up on TinyMCE. It's very important issue for me.

I bought this add-on last week, then realized it is not compatible with TinyMCE. I really want to use the add-on but I can't give up on TinyMCE. It's very important issue for me.
I installed tinyMCE on my dev box and am starting work on this for you this weekend/week I need to learn how to add things into tinyMCE will probably do it with a BBCODE as that will be easiest but will let you know.

Alternately I can refund your money if you like

I installed tinyMCE on my dev box and am starting work on this for you this weekend/week I need to learn how to add things into tinyMCE will probably do it with a BBCODE as that will be easiest but will let you know.

Alternately I can refund your money if you like
Thanks for the support. I hope you can.

Thanks for the support. I hope you can.
Hi after fiddling around most of this morning, I haven't had much luck with adding a new button into TinyMCE and the tutorials or dev information aren't all that clear. If anyone does have a clear example on how to add a button and javascript callback to Tinymcequattro then awesome, but until that happens I think I will have to give up on trying to support that, I just can't dedicate another day to doing it at this stage

@cclaerhout have you any clear examples on how to add a new toolbar item in tinymce and how to link it to a JS callback?

Purchased. The editor button doesn't appear though, it's blank but selectable. Using default editor.

Purchased. The editor button doesn't appear though, it's blank but selectable. Using default editor.
Hey man, it's probably because your editor/ theme is using font awesome. Turn on debug mode then go to admin >> appearance >> template modifications >> Silvertails giphy integration >> extra.css

And adjust the CSS for the redactor toolbar item. Basically this is the hardest part of making this addon global it works on 90% of themes out of the box but for instance the theme I use needs tweaking.

Also ensure that you have the images directory under styles/default....

Actually, it shows in default theme but not in UI.X Dark/Abyss.
Check with the audentio team on the CSS they are using and adjust using the above details.

If you like I can login tomorrow and take a look at your one and adjust the CSS on your site. Basically UX are using different CSS for the redactor text editor and this means the default CSS won't work. Unfortunately that means some small CSS tweaking on your end.

At the moment that required debug mode but I'll release a new version this week with the CSS as its own template so you won't need debug mode

I tried replacing it with this,

Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_stgiphy:before {
content: "\f009";
}

and it looks funky in default style, and doesn't appear at all in UI.X.

I fixed it by adding the code to uix_icons.css
Awesome cheers mate. I'll add that to the FAQ.

All these theme issues I never expected to run into! Crazy how wild these things go.

Hope you like the addon and welcome any suggestions and feedback. It's 10pm here but I'll look at anything tomorrow

Awesome cheers mate. I'll add that to the FAQ.

All these theme issues I never expected to run into! Crazy how wild these things go.

Hope you like the addon and welcome any suggestions and feedback. It's 10pm here but I'll look at anything tomorrow

I love it, and my members will to.

I love it, and my members will to.
Just checked your forum it looks like the UX theme is ignoring all of the CSS that we I styled, that means it will go a little crazy.

Try putting all the custom CSS into the above mentioned file and see if that helps

Dannymh updated Giphy Search integration and toolbar with a new update entry:

Trending and Cleanup

Changed

Moved CSS to own file rather than EXTRA.css modification
Cleaned up the settings so they flow a lot better

Added:
Added option for showing Trending Giphy's when the button is clicked. (When you click on the toolbar item it shows a list of the latest trending gifs from around the web, this gives you the opportunity to immediately select something without having to search, or of course you can search for something more relevant)

Added option for choosing whether...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom