Ghastly PERMISSIONS

Morgain

I am totally pissed off with PERMISSIONS
Nothing ever works. I spend HOURS fiddling with the damn thinfgs.

I do wish someone would make an addon to help manage permissions.
When something doesnt work all you can to is trudge through all the various possibilities.
Since the system detects a block it should be possible for an admin to enter a combination of eg a usergroup/ username + a node and see whats what in that combo.

I am so sick of having to block every forum separately to every group except the one or two who should use it.
Private forum is a delusion- I have to add each USER individually.
Ive tried Private plus YES on one usergroup. I was then able to login as a user from another group and access everything in it! Private what?

There HAS to be a saner way of doing permissions!

I think you are making things much tougher than they are Morgain...I just tested the scenario you explained in the other thread and it works fine.

It also sounds like some of the permissions you gave to individual users is over riding what you are trying to do now with global node permission or something.

Since the system detects a block it should be possible for an admin to enter a combination of eg a usergroup/ username + a node and see whats what in that combo.

Whilst I like the XenForo permissions system, I also think this is a great idea, some way to select a usergroup/user and a node and see what permissions are inherited from where.

Whilst I like the XenForo permissions system, I also think this is a great idea, some way to select a usergroup/user and a node and see what permissions are inherited from where.

Who do you think might do this as an addon Slavik?

Also it would be lovely to generate some tables for the most basic permissions.
For example

perms.webp

An advanced version would click one of those cells to change it.
Blue Mod cells open a second table of the Mod perms.
The last block is not about the node but useful to keep in mind when balancing privileges.

A blank space (maybe a X) opens info on WHERE the block has been set. Or that no YES overrides the grey.

Top Bottom