XF 1.2 Getting stuck on promotions and permissions

Crazyfruitbat

Hi guys,
I haven't done so much work on the promotions and permissions stuff until now and I'm going around in circles.

So I want to have a private forum only for people with say 100 posts. The forum node within a category with other forums nodes.
  • I made a promotion, I have checked and the users are both in registered and the new 'promoted' group.
  • On the forum node I put 'never' as permission to deny registered users.
  • But due to the users being part of both registered and promoted it dissallows all
  • On the other hand if I chose inherited it allows all registered to see it
I'm guessing this is something simple, but I'm not seeing the wood for the trees.
Any ideas?

Hi guys,
I haven't done so much work on the promotions and permissions stuff until now and I'm going around in circles.

So I want to have a private forum only for people with say 100 posts. The forum node within a category with other forums nodes.
  • I made a promotion, I have checked and the users are both in registered and the new 'promoted' group.
  • On the forum node I put 'never' as permission to deny registered users.
  • But due to the users being part of both registered and promoted it dissallows all
  • On the other hand if I chose inherited it allows all registered to see it
I'm guessing this is something simple, but I'm not seeing the wood for the trees.
Any ideas?
Never use Never! You can't override a Never permission except by removing it.

Make the node Private (tick the option in the node permissions to do this). Remove the Never permission from Registered users (set it back to Inherited). Then for your Promoted group, set the View node permission to Allow.

This will allow only the Promoted group to view and use this private node.

Top Bottom