XF 1.5 Search engines and permissions

WRIST.pub

Hello. I'm trying to get search engines (looking at you, Google) to be able to follow a search thread.

In User Group permissions, for Unregistered, in General Permissions, I have View, View Node, and Search set to ALLOW.

Then I conduct a search at my site, grab the resulting URL, and paste in into a secondary browser of mine that is not logged into the site as a member. It goes to the site, but comes up No results found.

If I go to a forum that has a bunch of threads and copy that URL and paste it into said browser, it finds and displays it.

I've scoured Admin pretty well to see if there's something else that I missing, but I cannot find it.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? My intent is to try and deep link some content for Google. For example, if the keyphrase was Arizona Native Trees, rather than take someone to the home page, I want to take them to results based on a search at my site for Arizona Native Trees. It's good for the end user, and, it should make Google happier too, and give a boost in rankings.

Anyone? Thank you in advance.

Thank you. I tried this:

mydomain/forums?search/search/&keywords=blah

I don't use index.php because it's search unfriendly.

When I did this in the non-logged in browser, same results, no results found.

The logged in browser took it, and then converted it to a standard search, and found the results.

I'll try the code modification suggested in the thread you provided. Don't have high hopes.

It just seems like with search enabled for guests that it should be able to search. Maybe it can; might be that I just don't have the syntax down yet.

Code modification didn't work. I'm pretty sure it is because the word "search" is in there. I've tried adjusting various searches and they all work when logged in, and all don't work when not logged in. I really thought I had it when I enabled Guest search. Silly me!

Top Bottom