Getting new members to post on forum

Alvin63

Just wondering if any experienced xf users can give me some tips. My site is growing nicely with new members registering frequently. I have Bob’s AMS as my home page. However I am finding members tend to post their queries on the comments section of the articles rather than on the actual forum. I already have the first article as a kind of banner add saying - please check out the forum - link above.

I can see it’s an easy option after reading an article to just post in the comments box. I have replied asking them to post the query on the forum but they sometimes don’t (reluctant?).

Just wondering if anyone has any tips. Clearly the articles are attracting them to the forum, which is good - but it’s getting complicated with questions needing replies posted in the wrong place!

Ok so I've realised why this is happening now. Mobile view. They see the home page (AMS page) and on mobile view there is no tab at the top that says "forum" - so they click on the articles and post on there. It needs clicking on the three bar menu top left to actually find the heading "forums". Is there anyway I can add a link to the mobile view page that says "forums"? Ie the top bar menu of home, forums, articles etc.

Ok so I've realised why this is happening now. Mobile view. They see the home page (AMS page) and on mobile view there is no tab at the top that says "forum" - so they click on the articles and post on there. It needs clicking on the three bar menu top left to actually find the heading "forums". Is there anyway I can add a link to the mobile view page that says "forums"? Ie the top bar menu of home, forums, articles etc.
This looks really nice on mobile, and shows a link to "forum list": https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cxf-whats-new-tabs-on-forum-list.8362/

Post up the article then get the link to the post that is created in your forum, go back and edit the article and post this link in the bottom of the article with something like: click here to discuss in our forum or similar.

lock replying to articles directly.

I know its a pain but a bit of a work around I guess, will work if you dont have a lot of article content posting up daily.

Top Bottom