XF 2.1 Getting 404 on some CSS files

Renegade

I have been facing this issue ever since I moved to XF2.1 that whichever is the default theme, starts throwing 404 error for some css files and the forum home page looks garbled. This starts happening randomly and stays that way until I toggle the default theme. Then it auto corrects and remains so for next few days/hours.

While the following error is for the UIX which was the default theme but it happens in the XF theme as well when it is set to default so I suspect its either a server or forum software issue.
Code:
The requested URL /community/A.css.php,qcss=public,P3Anode_list.less,P2Cpublic,P3Anotices.less,P2Cpublic,
P3Ashare_controls.less,P2Cpublic,P3Auix_extendedFooter.less,P2Cpublic,P3Auix_socialMedia.less,P2Cpublic,P3Aextra.less,
as=22,al=1,ad=15304013,ak=2a5df702f10d0d10ca84e6d84383c984ff3b.pagespeed.cf.XaetQ3a.css was not found on this server.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 10.21.49 AM.webp

Any help to identify and rectify the issue is appreciated.

Just a guess.. You should check your admin settings, specifically in the board url, as you might've forgotten to fill that field, so each script doesn't have a specified domain to be loaded from.

I've started having the same issue here. Everything appears to be set correctly (the forum has been running fine for months now), but randomly out of nowhere this behavior will show up.

Also seems to only affect Chrome, but is persistent across multiple devices / users. Clearing cache / restarting browser does not clear up the issue.

The only thing that helped me was tweaking the theme setting. It rebuilds the theme CSS file. Have to do it every time this happens.

I had raised the issue as a support ticket but I got an expected not-our-problem response, coz it happened on the UIX. Even though I mentioned that it happens with xenforo theme too. One thing I noticed was that it happened only with the theme which was set as default. So I have reverted my forum back to xenforo theme yesterday and waiting for the issue to occur.

I don't have any other styles installed, just the default Xenforo style. When it happens I have to create a new style so templates are rebuilt, then it works correctly again. (I can immediately delete the newly created style)

Just out of curiosity, where is your forum hosted? Mine is on a Amazon Lightsail LAMP instance.

I don't have any other styles installed, just the default Xenforo style. When it happens I have to create a new style so templates are rebuilt, then it works correctly again. (I can immediately delete the newly created style)

Just out of curiosity, where is your forum hosted? Mine is on a Amazon Lightsail LAMP instance.
Mine is on Lightsail too :unsure:

You can just edit a property on your style instead of deleting and create new.

I don't want to speak too soon, but after setting the owner of the Xenforo files and folders (to both 'daemon' and 'bitnami') I haven't had any more issues with this...

You know what, scratch that, I was mistaken (it's been a couple weeks so my memory was hazy).

The problem did reappear after changing the file permissions. It was disabling mod_pagespeed in apache that seemed to clear up the issue.

Ah so the module thought, 'this CSS file here doesn't look so useful, let me block it, that should make the site run fast'.

Will try disabling that when I run into this issue next. Thanks for sharing your observations.

Top Bottom