Get usernames to display in entirety?

OakleyForum

I have an add-on which shows when a user is offline or online, but as you can see in the attached picture, alot of usernames are being cut off and sent to the next line. I would prefer the username is just a little lower, so it displays across the entire area under the offline badge. Could anyone help with this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 8.02.55 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 8.02.55 PM.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 29
I have an add-on which shows when a user is offline or online, but as you can see in the attached picture, alot of usernames are being cut off and sent to the next line. I would prefer the username is just a little lower, so it displays across the entire area under the offline badge. Could anyone help with this?
You will have to play with the following code
Code:
.messageUserInfo {
width: 124px;
}
and edit the width to fit (or adjust the font size for the names). By using the related code you will also have to style the rest of the message area so that it does not overlap.
The other option is limit the number of characters in a user name.

The alternative may be to bring the online indicator up a few pixels so it doesn't interfere.

Judging by Tracy's code (I'm on mobile) the block is fixed anyway, meaning usernames over a certain length will automatically wrap (rather than increase the width of the message user info block).

The alternative may be to bring the online indicator up a few pixels so it doesn't interfere.

Judging by Tracy's code (I'm on mobile) the block is fixed anyway, meaning usernames over a certain length will automatically wrap (rather than increase the width of the message user info block).
Yeah, the add-on doesn't really impact the username sector. It's related to the width of the .messageUserInfo block. I think it defaults to 124px (at least that's what it is on my site and my test forum using modified default styles).

What addon is this for?
Without knowing that I would just suggest putting this in EXTRA.css
Code:
span.UserOnline, span.UserOffline {
    margin: -8px -5px -8px 5px;
}
.messageUserBlock .userText a.username {
    margin-top: 3px;
}

Will look like this for example:
this.webp

I've found using the default style layout, about 15 characters in the username are the max you can have. Any more than that (without adjusting the block size or font size of the username) and the name wraps to a second line no matter whether that add-on was used or not.

Top Bottom