Not a bug German summer/winter timezone

crafter2345

Affected version
Hello!
My time in the options is UTC +01:00 so I'm in CEST time (Berlin time).
I post something on my time 11:11 AM, but at the post stand 10:11 AM, I wasnt woken up at that time, so it can't be.
In linux when I type "date" I get the correct CEST date, cause germans are really smart and put the time in the summer about 1 hour forward and in the winter back to normal CEST time.
The problem XenForo doesnt know about the "time travelling" of the germans. I dont know how it be handled cause I think as example the netherlands have the normal CEST time, but we, the germans, are also on CEST but half the year one hour infront.

And I'm still convinced that the XenForo cookies are breaking something on the subpages.

It sounds like you have some problems with your server settings. Thats not with or from XenForo.
You should double check you nginx settings.

There are some places to set the timezone.

Start in the options with the Guests Time Zone.
/admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/#guestTimeZone

And then every user can set his personal timezone.
/profil/preferences

The problem XenForo doesnt know about the "time travelling" of the germans. I dont know how it be handled cause I think as example the netherlands have the normal CEST time, but we, the germans, are also on CEST but half the year one hour infront.
Mybe you are mixing up some issues.
CEST is Central European Summer Time (The one hour diefference)
CET is Central European Time (The "Winter" time).

And, Netherlands is also changing Time at the same day as we in Germany do. ;)

There are some places to set the timezone.

Start in the options with the Guests Time Zone.
/admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/#guestTimeZone

And then every user can set his personal timezone.
/profil/preferences

Mybe you are mixing up some issues.
CEST is Central European Summer Time (The one hour diefference)
CET is Central European Time (The "Winter" time).

And, Netherlands is also changing Time at the same day as we in Germany do. ;)
Guest timezone is CET, yeah I messed it up with CEST, but no setting for CEST.

Is this a problem for you here? Can you run a timedatectl command on your server and post the output here?

Generally speaking, TZ conversions are handled within PHP itself. XF stores timestamps in UTC and then uses TZ data provided by your OS or PHP to do the conversions. If the server time is right (for the timezone), if this isn't working as expected, that would probably point to the server TZ data itself being wrong.

Also, what is the exact text of the timezone on your account in XenForo? For example, mine is (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

Top Bottom