• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

German Language Pack

Anyone who is interested in my translation so far is invited to take a look at www.bio-online.org/forum. The translation is not finished yet and the forum is only used for my own purposes. If you like you can sign in and have a go.

I am convinced there are many other possibilities translating the given phrases (and I am sure I will alter a couple of phrases later on, using them). However, I am most concerned about translating the phrases "likes" and "follow" (or "people you follow" etc.) - I would appreciate if anyone had a good german translation for these phrases, at present I cannot tell whether I should translate them at all... So any help is welcome.

"Like" = Gefällt mir
"Unlike" = Gefällt mir nicht mehr
"likes" = gefällt
"follow" = als Freund hinzufügen / als Kontakt hinzufügen / beobachten / interessiert mich
"people you follow" = Freunde / Deine Kontakte / Personen welche Du beobachtest / Personen welche Dich interessieren

"Like" = Gefällt mir
"Unlike" = Gefällt mir nicht mehr
"likes" = gefällt
"follow" = interessiert mich / als Freund hinzufügen / als Kontakt hinzufügen / beobachten
"people you follow" = Personen welche Dich interessieren / Freunde / Deine Kontakte / Personen welche Du beobachtest

... I did not mean "like" as "I like" but as: "likes you received" etc.

Unlike: Gefällt mir nicht mehr... kind of too long as a phrase, I would say.
follow: "
people you follow: "

Any other suggestions?

well, that is what FB, Xing and others are using.

Twitter is quite bad as translating "following"/"followers" with the word "folgt".

as facebook is very much used in the german speaking world.. I think sticking to facebook translation makes the user comfortable.. he knows what it means..

I would not mind if you were slightly more precise, which phrases exactly are you referring to?

I just meant that you have "Likes" and Like also in facebook (I think I've seen followers also somewhere)
a graphic of what I mean:

likes.gif

As users are used to facebook, I would stick to that translation (imho)
NB: Seiten gefallen mir, would become Beiträge gefallen mir (because we are in a forum and not in a Book)

Luc

Hi

It seems that the Translation is still incomplete but some here use it allready.
I can't find the language.xml file anywhere.

Can someone point me to it please :)

Thanks

StarBuG

Thanks Kier and Mike I know now, we have a large German vocabulary.
I now intend to emigrate.
It is easier to learn English than to translate Xenforo into German.:D
And my written and spoken english is very bad...

Great work, mikko! Could you publish the language pack here? I would love to test it on my own board.

Thanks, but it´s still not finished, so I would actually prefer not to publish this "Beta"-Version... (there are so many phrases that need to be translated in context....). I will let you know, when I am about to finish the translation.

My current status is a complete translated front end and a half translated ACP as "Deutsch Du". It will be released soon and after it "Deutsch Sie" will be follow.

Can you release the front end translation please?
I don't mind having an english ACP but my Users need a german front end :)

Top Bottom