1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Chat Forums

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peggy, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Who is running a general chat type of forum?

Raise your hand and post a link, please. :)

2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

XF or vB based? :p

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Either, I guess. :)

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

But preferably XF-based. :p

5. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

http://www.quillz.net

Technically a general chat board, but frankly no one ever visits it and I don't expect anyone to ever visit it. But it's also my fault, I really don't put much time into it. It's really more for coding practice and not much more.

6. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

7. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

I always wonder how people just random sign up to chat forums - I guess it must be a certain topic that interests them I guess

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I like general chat forums because you're not stuck to one 'theme'. You can talk about anything and everything.
    Which is good for me because my brain is constantly on the go, and I need an outlet. :sneaky:

Mikey likes this.
  9. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

sure, but i would have thought that places like that get hit bad by the likes of facebook

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Not that I've seen.

11. Tomble

Tomble Active Member

Depends, but a lot of people probably try to present themselves in a certain way to their 'friends' on Facebook. Generally that can hamper discussion because people may not want to argue or get overly into a point. Equally people may not want to discuss or join pages on Facebook that take stances on issues such as religion, politics and other emotive issues. And people tend to be more confident in their discussions if they feel anonymous.

That's obviously not the case for a lot of people, but a fair chunk of people on Facebook use it strictly for keeping up to date, rather than actively discussing things etc.

jmurrayhead, Darkimmortal and Peggy like this.
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Exactly. And I like discussion.

So who else has a gen chat forum??

13. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

14. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

*Looks down at sig.*

Yup. Pretty wide open forum there.

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Mine is a general chat but covers more area than the local vicinity. It's for the residents of the entire valley here in NE Ohio and NW PA.

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Although at first glance, your forum looks as though it's for fans of comics.

17. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

LOLOL some of them slide images are win gj keep it up (y)

18. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

No politics, no religion, but just me posting! bwahhbwhahbhahbwahaha. Still trying to do some server testing.
    http://oaua.net/community/

19. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

seem's to be a javascript problem on that page just keeps loading over and over (JS that is)

20. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

so is this a general chat forum that is open for registration? Or just your test site?