Not planned Gender Options

The Dark Wizard

Hey all,

I know I'm going to be told to get an addon for this and normally we would but this is one of those things worth recommending as an addition to the core software.

xF is one of the most modern/up to date on standards forum softwares out there, I know I'm not the only when I say that we should be able to offer more gender options(they shouldn't come locked), an admin should be able to offer any new choice they want upon registration.

We get asked for this a lot on our site and since I really couldn't find a proper suggestion thread for this, here is mine.

Upvote 10
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Correct, but that's a moot point in XF2 as we don't use the gender value for anything there. In XF1 or XF2, you can access a user's custom field values in most user related templates, so with template edits you could show the custom field gender value in various places if needed.

XenForo no longer has a gender field by default.

We did this explicitly because we acknowledged that the original "Male, Female and Unspecified" options would not be sufficient. If you had XenForo 1.x and updated to XenForo 2.x we converted the field to a custom field so that admins themselves can add whichever gender options they wanted to.

However, new installs starting with XenForo 2.0 no longer included a gender field at all. If it is needed, we recommend creating your own gender field with the desired options.

As such, this suggestion is no longer required.

Top Bottom