Geeks Lead - Technology Forum

Daniel Long

Site Name: Geeks Lead
URL: http://geekslead.com
Type: Forum
Category: Technology

Geeks Lead is a forum that is dedicated to discussing the latest in technology, we strive strongly toward Computer and Console discussion and troubleshooting. If you enjoy technology and or gaming please stop by!

We will also help you in deciding what you should get for a new computer from things like pre-built computers to custom builds. Geeks Lead will also assist you with upgrading your existing computer and troubleshoot any issues you may be having!

So what do you say? Come on by and check us out! :rolleyes:

Notes:
Please let me know any feedback you have as well, we just started up at the end of last week :)

cool site. good luck.

This is a difficult niche (quite a crowded space) to start a new forum.
I was going to suggest you pair up with Noobist ... but I see they ditched their forums.
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-noobist-a-newsmagazine-for-nerds.80867/

I like your theme .... The members and Forums "Tabs" work, but the Staff one didn't. Are you using Jake's Nodes as Tabs ?

upload_2016-9-26_19-20-11.webp

I suggest you use XenPorta 2 as a Article Manager and Home Page ... put your best content as an easy to find article.

Hello @Daniel Long,

I am gonna give you my honest constructive criticism, hopefully you find it helpful.

1) This is an over saturated niche, unless you do something out of the box it's not gonna work. The forum sections are too shallow to me may be it's just me.

2) As an admin, you should be well versed with your niche. I see most of the questions are asked by the staff member themselves. I do agree that it's a new forum & you need to populate the content. Why not a use a user account or ask your friends to register?

3) The staff links work fine for me, do you really need them at first place? I don't think people are gonna find it hard to contact a staff at this stage.

4) As @Digital Doctor had already mentioned, please get yourself a news portal or remove the homepage link from the nav.

5) Get yourself a favicon & also i would not have any affiliate link in my signature. I am not sure about your forum rules though.

Good luck with the forum mate.

Last edited:
Put your site related sections - announcements, feedback etc at the bottom. Guests aren't looking for that and they will always be the least popular sections.

Put your site related sections - announcements, feedback etc at the bottom. Guests aren't looking for that and they will always be the least popular sections.

What about the new members forum? Do you suggest moving that entire Category down?

@Digital Doctor Oh okay I get what you are saying, we have actually done away with that link for now anyway :)

Top Bottom