Gaming Forums Guides

intradox

I have a general-type question for those running gaming-type forums. I am wondering if any of you have a specific setup for handling guides? My users would like to create guides for our game and I was wondering if anyone had a simple and effective approach for this other than creating a new thread..?

Is there an article or guide-type addon already? Couldn't find one so I assume not and I would rather use something that already exists as I don't want to have to wait severals months.

Thanks!

I think, at least at this time, your best option is to use Jaxel's XenPorta. Create a custom layout that looks how you want your reviews to be displayed. Then, have a review forum that is only viewable by those writing the reviews.

They then post them there, and then they (or whoever you want), would promote those reviews to articles, which would then display in the custom layout format you designed.

Essentially, there really is no "good" way to do it at this time as there's no reviews system that I'm aware of. I hope someone proves me wrong though, I'd like to use it myself.

There isn't a good way to do guides on forums yet. The only best bet you have is a CMS that has flexibility to create pages that allow for page design edits, or a simple blog platform such as Wordpress.

And honestly, handling guides on forums is a lot of trouble if you ask me. I don't do guides for any of my gaming forums for this reason.

Just a question in regards to logistics...how many guides do you think could possibly be made for your game...in like a 1-20 range,50, 100? It would be relevant to me even stating a suggestion.

I have a general-type question for those running gaming-type forums. I am wondering if any of you have a specific setup for handling guides? My users would like to create guides for our game and I was wondering if anyone had a simple and effective approach for this other than creating a new thread..?

Is there an article or guide-type addon already? Couldn't find one so I assume not and I would rather use something that already exists as I don't want to have to wait severals months.

Thanks!
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/library-by-waindigo.222/

Top Bottom