1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Community

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by thomas_, Jun 27, 2013.

1. thomas_

thomas_ Member

So we migrated from SMF 2.0 to Xenforo 1.2 : http://www.bot-area.net
    Really awesome how easy it is to make your own style with xenforo. It really blows my mind. That style took me around 30mins. (it is just a rough draft).

It would be nice to get some feedback about the colors and the general design.

wickedstangs likes this.
  2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I think its too much darkness. Honestly the style isn't really that appealing.

3. thomas_

thomas_ Member

Well thanks about that, since i like dark colors i really was not sure if this is going to be too dark. More opinions on that?

4. Matthew Hawley

Sure if you like the dark colors. But I would also make another style with lighter colors for members who prefer it. :)

5. Matthew Hawley

I would add this to css:

Code:
    .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks {
    border-radius: 5px;
    }
    I think it looks a little nicer.

Bot-area.png

thomas_ likes this.
  6. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Make the font brighter, maybe white would be better. Gray font on a dark (black) background = no go.

Matthew Hawley likes this.
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I have to agree it's a little too dark with regards that the same dark colours are used throughout which makes it quite difficult to distinguish such areas like the navigation. I don't think the default colours in the categorystrips suit either and could be quite painful to the eyes with the contrast. I think the style itself could do with improving upon.