1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Games database

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Creaky, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Active Member

turbos, intradox and Steve F like this.
  2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I might do this and release it at the same price point as the Movie Thread Starter; If you want all rights to it then that's a different story.

intradox likes this.
  3. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Woah I actually looked into this but only looked at ign and metacritic who don't have apis. Thanks for pointing out these two apis. would be itnerested in an addon such as this as well for reviews and game info.

Creaky likes this.
  4. Creaky

Creaky Active Member

Don't need full rights, same price as movie version would be excellent

5. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Maybe Gamespot has an api. I would rather use Gamespot if IGN doen't have an API.

6. Daniel Hood

Alright, I have a few other projects I'm looking at taking. Depending on how those work out, I may start this.

7. intradox

If you end up doing a reviews addon, this would work quite well for gaming reviews ;)

8. Creaky

Creaky Active Member

Have you made a decision about this or anyone know of something similar already out there?

9. intradox

At this time I am not pursuing anything and instead will likely support @Daniel Hood review addon as a supplement for a game database.

10. Daniel Hood

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing right now. I want to get the review system off the ground. If it doesn't, I'll probably just keep working on my small add ons and possibly the game database thing.

I looked at these apis the day you posted this and I noticed that on one of them (forget which one off the top of my head), they don't want you to resell any of their content. I'm not sure if that is included in what I'd be doing so I have to contact them if I do start development of this.

11. Creaky

Creaky Active Member

Thanks for considering it.

The review system sounds interesting, may be something I could use in the future.