Add-on Game Server Integration

It's getting ridiculous though, and this addon will be a framework for any integration services for anyone who wants a website with game monitoring. It's gonna be awesome :D
Sounds awesome Silence. Take your time, I can't wait to use this :)

Hey @silence ,

I figured you've been crazy busy with other things, but wanted to ask you. Will the addon have a stand-alone page that lists out all game servers or will it simply be blocks on the right side?

Hey @silence ,

I figured you've been crazy busy with other things, but wanted to ask you. Will the addon have a stand-alone page that lists out all game servers or will it simply be blocks on the right side?
https://xenogamers.com/gameservers/

Also with XF2 coming soon, I might hold off on development and convert it over, as a huge amount of the code can be used and it makes more sense at this point. It's just not feasible at this point.

Unfortunately I know Silence's mindset! I have always been a fan of waiting mainly because it gives chances for improvements before releases! It causes a lot of headaches if you release it now then have to deal with two different versions! I am definitely upgrading to XF2 when it comes out!

I am a guild founder. What we REALLY NEED Silence is a great way we can tell who's everyone's Characters are. In other words:

Forum name "Commodore", has 12 characters in DDO. He also plays Neverwinter. "Commodore" has 6 characters there.

That right there is the 1st step. Secondly if we could sync with the calendar, we can sign up for raids IN THE CORRECT CHARACTER who we are bringing.

THIS is what the gaming community needs most.

I haven't done any work on this as it would require a huge amount of investment that would be better put for XF2 as it would last longer there and with the RC looming it's just gonna be hibernating for now.

that would be better put for XF2 as it would last longer there

Have you heard that the XF team will include this option? A way to add in game characters to a roster that can be also used to sight up for in game events like MMO raids would add an entire new consumer base, and make the many gamers here thrilled.

Have you heard that the XF team will include this option? A way to add in game characters to a roster that can be also used to sight up for in game events like MMO raids would add an entire new consumer base, and make the many gamers here thrilled.
That's probably too niche for XenForo haha but I'm sure there will be roster add-ons for XF2 and someone could create a script to synchronize it with an MMO :)

Well what does Enjin and ShivTR do? Their roster/calendar collaboration is perfect.

I actually don't believe it would stay "niche" for very long at all. There are hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide. Build a city, and they will come! ;)

Well what does Enjin and ShivTR do? Their roster/calendar collaboration is perfect.

I actually don't believe it would stay "niche" for very long at all. There are hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide. Build a city, and they will come! ;)
No idea. Still in the grand scheme of things, if XF focuses on social markets, including gaming, it appeals to a larger userbase than specifically gamers.

Any ETA on this? Could it be possible to allow users to submit their own? I would love to incorporate a server listing system similar to xenforos resource section system, whether people can add submissions and such.

Any ETA on this? Could it be possible to allow users to submit their own? I would love to incorporate a server listing system similar to xenforos resource section system, whether people can add submissions and such.

Then make it... I think he's putting this Add-On on hold to Xen2

Top Bottom