1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Gallery - Sell/Buy Images

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Closed Suggestions' started by Herofiles ★, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Herofiles ★

Herofiles ★ Member

Well the title says it all -

- when you upload an image you can set your price
    - when uploading the image - user can upload the image the person want to sell in a zip file or a large image.
    - when buying an image, its the same process as Resources -
    - Make sure to use PayPal to recive payment
    - after you bought a image, you get a mail with the uploaders .zip files/or download link to the image you bought - or add it somewhere else.

- set commission on each sale - if a image are bought for 30$ website gets 5% or after admins wish
    - can set which usergroups can sell images / buy images.
    - Select what payment method are used to buy the image - Paypal are the most used and trusted
    - can set max size of the secondary image that will be available to buy ( set: max 20MB )
    - can set max size of the .zip file

Yeeh, thats my suggestion :p My Board needs something like this, since IPS/IPB dont even wanna think about this suggestion, i try here :)
    RvG, erich37 and 51463 like this.
  2. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

Your suggestion sounds interesting. I would also like this feature.

Sell each image for a price and if the member does not want to buy only 1 image he can buy the Full Album for a price and admin gets a %

Good Suggestion
    Herofiles ★ likes this.
  3. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

and by adding a few "custom fields", it could easily be turned into a "Classifieds"-system.

rafass and Herofiles ★ like this.
  4. Herofiles ★

Herofiles ★ Member

Thanks for replies, yeah, i suggested this 1 year ago on IPB Forums and as a support ticket, and not even a like or comment on the post, its like they don't want to expand the customer circle, and keep what they already have :p I know MANY websites who would benefit of this kind of modification, and ofc more customers will buy the Gallery App!

Just to clear it up, admin = the website owner gets commission of a sale the seller gets - like $50 and website get 5% :p i think you knew it, but, i like to make things abit more clear :p
    51463 likes this.
  5. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

It sounds like a big job. But i think it would be worth it in the end. I'd be willing to throw in some money for the developer.

6. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

If anyone is still interested in this well here's some news.

I've been bugging ******* for months and months to make this add-on. Sending him my ideas.

And it's finally it's out last month and i bought it and have been testing it on my test forum.

I don't think xenforo would make it since it would only be used by a minority.

But he finally added the ability to sell your images at the price you choose and admin gets a commission as well as the seller. It's pretty complex. I love it.

Here it is:

And here's a screenshot of me picking the price to sell this image.

I'm going to get him to make me a download all add-on in the album section using his sell add-on and release it for everyone else.

This way you will be able to Bulk Download images. (y)
    Last edited: May 8, 2015