Gallery options?

Elizabeth

So far I have tried these two: Merc Gallery Lite and Xen Shimmie and neither of them work like I was led to believe in the threads.

Short of laying out $120+ for Photopost, for which I don't have the money at the moment, is there any other method to having a gallery?

I would go with something like Coopermine but there is no bridge for it at this point. I know I'm also on the thread asking for a solution at some point but my point has come now and short of having my designers and guests register at a separate software, I don't see what to do. Any suggestions and no, I can't code a bridge myself, :)

My issues with the two I have tried:
Merc Gallery: Loaded fine and seem to work until I tried loading a preview (jpeg). It would not show and it had NO way of deleting. In order to delete anything I had to go into phpmyadmin and delete from there. I read thru the threads on that one and saw others have had the first issue and according to the thread it was solved as part of the new version. And yes, I did do the permissions.

XenShimmie would not even install. Said my database was incompatible. So didn't even get a chance to solve that one. Didn't say WHY it was, so I can't figure out how to fix it.

I REALLY need a solution to this one...even a bridge to coppermine would help at this point. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Liz

King Kovifor is working on Galleria this month, and a beta 1 version should be available "soon."

Thanks. hopefully it will be out soon but according to his last post in one thread it might be the end of the summer or later.
Other than that, search returns quite a few threads on the subject:

http://xenforo.com/community/search/924565/?q=gallery&t=post&o=date&c[title_only]=1

Brogan, I did the search about 5 times now and most are for the two listed above. I did see a few mentioning User Albums which may be an interim measure but it's not a gallery solution. Galleria is the only "viable" option in that list and King Kovifor mentions in the last post in that thread that it may be as late as the end of the summer if that soon. And Photopost was mentioned, as well as asking for bridges.

Liz

I decided to try the User Albums mod. And while it isn't a gallery it does have some advantages. My designers can each have their own album and they don't get lost in the shuffle of the other designers. So this one works for me.

Liz

Should of replyed in the thread ^_^
I read thru tthe thread and it looked like I was the only one having that issue and one that was peculiar to my configuration.

The User Album actually works better for what I need at this point now that we've gotten a look at it.

I read thru tthe thread and it looked like I was the only one having that issue and one that was peculiar to my configuration.

The User Album actually works better for what I need at this point now that we've gotten a look at it.
No Problem :)

Thanks. hopefully it will be out soon but according to his last post in one thread it might be the end of the summer or later.

Brogan, I did the search about 5 times now and most are for the two listed above. I did see a few mentioning User Albums which may be an interim measure but it's not a gallery solution. Galleria is the only "viable" option in that list and King Kovifor mentions in the last post in that thread that it may be as late as the end of the summer if that soon. And Photopost was mentioned, as well as asking for bridges.

Liz

As Onimua noted, I hope to have beta 1 by the end of the summer. And maybe b3-b4 or an RC by the end of summer. ;) What Onimua said was correct.

Top Bottom