• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Galleria: The Basics

I really wish non-developers would stop making statements about the needs of developers. You obviously do not know what you're talking about, and you've obviously ignored every developer who has posted the opposite.

Please, stop posting misinformation.

I am sorry if my post really offended any developer I really appreciate all of the hard work thats been done by some developers in xf. I might not know much about coding but I can judge which software is better than the other by looking at the work thats been done by 3rd party (apps,mods..). I am not posting misinformation

**King Kovifor I am sorry for posting this reply in your thread. I am thankful to all of your work , and just want to clarify what I meant to Forsaken**

I am sorry if my post really offended any developer I really appreciate all of the hard work thats been done by some developers in xf. I might not know much about coding but I can judge which software is better than the other by looking at the work thats been done by 3rd party (apps,mods..). I am not posting misinformation

**King Kovifor I am sorry for posting this reply in your thread. I am thankful to all of your work , and just want to clarify what I meant to Forsaken**
My post wasn't entirely directed at you, but at a group of people who feel they can make statements on behalf of developers without any background in development.

The 'is xenforo that bad for developer? I'am starting to get the feeling, its bad' comment is why I responded the way I did, and called it misinformation however. XenForo is quite honestly the easiest platform any programmer I have talked to has worked with, and the only reason why there is a lack of mods or a stall on development is either a) waiting on release of 1.1 stable, b) they're limited on time, c) no one has requested it and/or offered up a reward for it being done.

Most people do not realize the amount of work an add-on takes, whether its the planning stages, or the actual programming time. For example, I know several features of LN Blog have taken ~3-4 hours to get done properly (Which is fast), but that is for a single feature. Take into account that Galleria is planned to be released with many features (Galleries sort of require most features) and that Kovifor already has a stranglehold on his time between work, school and staying healthy, and what many people ask is impossible.

Development is stopped, there are plans for a release as soon as humanly possible, but pestering him and acting self-entitled to the release will do nothing but piss people off (Probably me, which is why I'm short with people lately).

You work two jobs, attend school full time, and we'll see how fast you can develop a quality gallery add-on. I'm currently working 5 nights a week, attending school 5 days a week, and have class one of my two nights off. In that spare time I have to fit homework, general living stuff (laundry, shopping etc), and sanity fun. It's progressing, that's all that matters.

Would be nice if you could get enough gallery sales to replace one of your jobs. :)

Top Bottom