Gaddafi 'killed in Sirte'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, America got what they wanted through the UN/EU, good job for them, I bet the oil they get from this will make everybody happy. Onwards to the next country and more innocent lives. </uselesswarsoveroil>

I was rather under the impression that it was what the Libyan people wanted, when they begged the West to help them, recall it actually took a very long time for NATO to get involved at all, and his death was at the hands of Libyans not NATO I understand. Edit.. seems not... but it is unconfirmed at this stage.

Yey.... so when will that 300 million of taxpayer money start paying dividends? Or will other countires be expected to waste invest more money helping the country rebuild aswell?

Okay so he's gone. Who exactly will be taking his place and how do we know that he/they will be better and more humane? Or will it end up biting us in the butt like Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc. etc.?

The Anti-America drumbeating gets old. If it was my choice, I'd bring the entire US military home from every corner of the globe, stop assisting/supplementing other nations' military, stay within and protect our own borders and let the rest of the world fend for themselves. When Europe goes back to their traditional behavior of killing one another over silly differences, we'll sit the next one out.

The Anti-America drumbeating gets old. If it was my choice, I'd bring the entire US military home from every corner of the globe, stop assisting/supplementing other nations' military, stay within and protect our own borders and let the rest of the world fend for themselves. When Europe goes back to their traditional behavior of killing one another over silly differences, we'll sit the next one out.

Europe o_O

To be fair I agree, id rather recall all the UK forces back home. The MoD is cutting jobs left right and center, yet funding campaigns for tens / hundreds of millions of pounds into other countries which would be better spent keeping these people employed.

:confused:

Let me rephrase him so that it makes sense.

When humanity goes back to their traditional behavior of killing one another over silly differences...

Because violence over stupid reasons is not a European thing, it's a people thing.

I'm sure there are political figureheads in the US and the UK are relieved to see him dead rather than him spilling details about them in the Hague. I would have liked to see a trial personally rather than dragged through the streets.

The thing is what are they going to do with all those guns they gave to the rebels? I can't see them all handing them over in a line - I doubt this is the end of political unrest in the country

Let me rephrase him so that it makes sense.

When humanity goes back to their traditional behavior of killing one another over silly differences...

Because violence over stupid reasons is not a European thing, it's a people thing.

I understood i just found it hypocritical.

ps. he never said anything about humanity, he said "europe" Europeans. Which, from what i got doesn't get old whilst reversing that to Americans does get old.

I have mixed emotions on this, as I also don't like to see life taken, I recall Pan Am 103, and other actions of state sponsored terrorism, not to mention the attacks on his own people.so I can understand feelings of relief.

Do I think the world is better off without him? Yes. Do I feel that he should have been killed rather than tried? No.

I've removed my posts, I am not a politician.
While appreciated, that takes many of other peoples posts out of context...

For that reason I will lock this thread and someone can start another one if they want to..

Brogan, or anyone else, if you want to delete my post and manage this thread another way, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom