g4x1.com

pmflav

logo.png

After building a few sites for other people, I have decided to venture into something on my own.
At this stage it lacks both content and members, but hey, it will get there.

I am focusing towards a multi gaming community, yes I know there are plenty out there.
I am offering a mature environment for our members, zero tolerance on trolls, cheats or those who enjoy being disrespectful to others.

The site is running off xenforo 4.0 beta 2. And so far I am happy with the changes made and the performance.

There is a LOT more work to be done yet, but the basics are there.

The teamspeak server we have up has only 32 slots at this stage, will be getting an NPL for it, as I have done on other servers. But that does take time.
Our teamspeak has a running musicbot that only our members have access too, as well as another bot running which gives the guests on the teamspeak instructions on how to get access.

There are more addons to go on the site, however they are a little glitchy with my version of xenforo so waiting for the fixes, then I will add them.

The server is also based in Australia.

Anyway, I am open to any feedback and suggestions.

Visit us at G4X1

Last edited:
One suggestion, you should add more height to the bottom of your pages as the up/down arrows cover your feed and Terms and Rules link.

Looking really good :) I like the customizations you've done it.

I did notice one thing, something for us to fix, put this into your extra.css:

Code:
.node .nodeStats
{
padding-top: 2px;
}

The icons are getting cut off slightly, this should help.

@Russ. Thankyou. Have applied that fix.
Will sort out a favicon, haven't settled on one yet :)

At the moment I am trying and working on customizing the extraportal on the front page. Looking at having a faded background in each news depending on the category chosen.

Thanks for that, I read the page but it seems that's a Wordpress plugin? Guess I'll look into how it's done with XF. If you do make the Add-on though, let me know.

Looking good @pmflav...

Things you might want to consider:
  • You have three Login/signup links on your forum index. One on the top uppermost blue bar, one on the right of your navigation tabs and the orange one on your right sidebar. You may want to reduce this to one if possible.
  • The icons for your navigation tabs are very close to their text labels, consider adding some padding to the right of the icon.

Top Bottom