1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g4x1.com

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by pmflav, Aug 15, 2014.

1. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

[​IMG]

After building a few sites for other people, I have decided to venture into something on my own.
    At this stage it lacks both content and members, but hey, it will get there.

I am focusing towards a multi gaming community, yes I know there are plenty out there.
    I am offering a mature environment for our members, zero tolerance on trolls, cheats or those who enjoy being disrespectful to others.

The site is running off xenforo 4.0 beta 2. And so far I am happy with the changes made and the performance.

There is a LOT more work to be done yet, but the basics are there.

The teamspeak server we have up has only 32 slots at this stage, will be getting an NPL for it, as I have done on other servers. But that does take time.
    Our teamspeak has a running musicbot that only our members have access too, as well as another bot running which gives the guests on the teamspeak instructions on how to get access.

There are more addons to go on the site, however they are a little glitchy with my version of xenforo so waiting for the fixes, then I will add them.

The server is also based in Australia.

Anyway, I am open to any feedback and suggestions.

Visit us at G4X1

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Optic, Steve F and Lawrence like this.
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Well, I have to say, that is one of the nicest dark themes for XF I have seen; really smooth and easy on the eyes. Well done on your site, :)

Steve F and Russ like this.
  3. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

Thankyou very much

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

One suggestion, you should add more height to the bottom of your pages as the up/down arrows cover your feed and Terms and Rules link.

5. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

Didn't notice that. Fixed.
    Thankyou

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looking really good :) I like the customizations you've done it.

I did notice one thing, something for us to fix, put this into your extra.css:

Code:
    .node .nodeStats
    {
    padding-top: 2px;
    }

The icons are getting cut off slightly, this should help.

7. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

Great themes. Really soft, yet still have "gamer feels"

Don't forget to add a favicon! :)

8. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

@Russ. Thankyou. Have applied that fix.
    Will sort out a favicon, haven't settled on one yet :)

At the moment I am trying and working on customizing the extraportal on the front page. Looking at having a faded background in each news depending on the category chosen.

9. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

Hey, great looking site. I was wondering if I could ask you how you got the image slider at the top of the portal?

10. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

Thankyou.
    I used nivo-slider and widget framework for the html block. And a couple of edits in the extra.css to have it blend into the site a little better.

11. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

Am actually thinking about making an addon using the nivo-slider. Will be my first addon though.

12. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I read the page but it seems that's a Wordpress plugin? Guess I'll look into how it's done with XF. If you do make the Add-on though, let me know.

13. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

Download the Free jQuery Plugin

14. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

One thing I really do need to work on is the banner, to be honest it is terrible.

15. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

Looking good @pmflav...

Things you might want to consider:
    • You have three Login/signup links on your forum index. One on the top uppermost blue bar, one on the right of your navigation tabs and the orange one on your right sidebar. You may want to reduce this to one if possible.
    • The icons for your navigation tabs are very close to their text labels, consider adding some padding to the right of the icon.

16. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

Good suggestions, will look into all of them