Fusion Gamer - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

I see that the color from the master style overrides the color of the child - is that on purpose?

Which color are you referring too? Any changes you make in the child style should retain in the child style.

Which color are you referring too? Any changes you make in the child style should retain in the child style.
The default is green. The child was blue. I imported the Master. I put the child theme under the parent - then reloaded the page and it turned green when I had the child loaded up as the template.

You'll just need to re-apply your customizations, when first importing the child I believe it takes all the settings from the Master.

You'll just need to re-apply your customizations, when first importing the child I believe it takes all the settings from the Master.
I tried that, I switched it to purple, reloaded - it was still the same color as master. Maybe I'm cray?

I tried that, I switched it to purple, reloaded - it was still the same color as master. Maybe I'm cray?

You're going crazy :D, try creating a brand new style with the parent being Fusion Gamer.

I just did and changed the color on the child and it took and worked right away.

You're going crazy :D, try creating a brand new style with the parent being Fusion Gamer.

I just did and changed the color on the child and it took and worked right away.
When I create a new one... do I need to base it off of the parent? ... trying to understand this fully. Before I uploaded the first theme as Fusion gamer ... renamed it and then uploaded another Fusion gamer and put the first one as child.

I just retested this, created a child theme based on the parent - it was "blue" by default. (Same as Parent) ... I then changed the parent to purple and the child appears as purple (not blue) is this all intended?

I just retested this, created a child theme based on the parent - it was "blue" by default. (Same as Parent) ... I then changed the parent to purple and the child appears as purple (not blue) is this all intended?

Yep, any changes you make in the Master Style will roll down to the Child UNLESS you've customized the child already. Same thing as my logo_block example above, changes to Master roll down and change the child unless you've customized the specific thing that changes.

So basically if you would of changed the child color FIRST, changing the master color would not of effected it.

Typing it out plus my lack of sleep makes it somewhat hard to understand at first but once you know it, you'll love it :).

Just to extend on my post above, once you have the child installed, make your edits only on that, don't touch the Master Fusion Gamer. When upgrade time comes, back up your styles and overwrite ONLY the master.

So an update is coming the end of this weekend to address a few things...

Main one is the navigation, I had to basically recode it completely as the responsive doesn't play nice with extra code outside the style properties in extra.css.

I've also cleaned up a bunch of the CSS and moved a ton of it into the style properties

I'm going out of town for the weekend so support will be limited.

Russ updated Fusion Gamer - pixelExit.com with a new update entry:

1.2.1 Update

1.2.1 Release

This is sort of a large update in sense that the navigation had to be completely re-done coding wise for the responsiveness. It wasn't working when logged out and with too many tabs so it looks basically the same except for some padding.

Also... I cleaned up the CSS a ton, moved a lot of the extra CSS I provided into style properties.

Existing Customers
Take caution when upgrading, take a backup FIRST(export your style), any customizations you've made could be lost in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wrote you privately in our PM but for anyone else, this is easily achieved by reverting 3 templates in the master template:

navigation
logo_block
sidebar_visitor_panel

Then you'll more than likely need to increase the width of your pageWidth in Style Properties.

Hi, i'm trying to remove the user cp box, and have followed the above instructions, but, the Username, inbox, and alerts dropdown aren't displaying in the navbar. In fact, they aren't being shown at all. I've adjusted the page width, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Hi, i'm trying to remove the user cp box, and have followed the above instructions, but, the Username, inbox, and alerts dropdown aren't displaying in the navbar. In fact, they aren't being shown at all. I've adjusted the page width, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Sorry for the late response... for the responsive side I've hidden the user menu by default, so add this to your extra.css:

Code:
#navigation .navTabs .visitorTabs {
display: block;
}

In regards to the page width, are you editing: Style Properties -> General -> Page Width.

Thanks @Russ, works a charm now, appreciate it.

Just a small cosmetic issue if you can advise on. See the attachement.

issue.webp

Edit: fixed by experimenting with style properties ;)

Last edited:
So far this is a pretty awesome theme. I had one issue with it though when it comes to using it with xenporta. Would you like me to PM you the details? It's probably an easy fix for you. :) Other than that this is amazing. :)

So far this is a pretty awesome theme. I had one issue with it though when it comes to using it with xenporta. Would you like me to PM you the details? It's probably an easy fix for you. :) Other than that this is amazing. :)

Sure sounds good :) thanks for the kind feedback

Am I the only one getting this issue? (running 1.2.2 and the latest version of this style)

Lu9UVWr.png

I did a fresh install of this style and it still looks like that.

Addons:
http://pastebin.com/fgFQMJkG

That could be a missing image in the editor folder in your fusiongamer.

Also try a hard refresh if you just did an upgrade ctrl-f5 for windows

Top Bottom