Resource icon

Full Message Text Permission 2.4.1

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Full Message Text Permission - Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup

Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup.

Works with:
  • New thread
  • Reply to thread
  • New Conversation
  • Join conversation
  • Reply Conversation
Always email watched thread notifications, instead of last visit.
  • Per-forum permissions.
  • Per-user opt-in.
  • User registration default.
New Options under 'Full Message Text Permission':
  • Full Message on Warning Conversation Emails
    • Always send the full text of...

Read more about this resource...

Hi @Xon

I am the original requester of this mod when we first did in XF 1.5. We moved to XF 2 today, and I'm noticing that the addon isn't working properly. I have analyzed permissions and I have full message test permission set, but it's still truncating the email body. Any ideas?

Hi @Xon

I am the original requester of this mod when we first did in XF 1.5. We moved to XF 2 today, and I'm noticing that the addon isn't working properly. I have analyzed permissions and I have full message test permission set, but it's still truncating the email body. Any ideas?
Got it figured out - the upgrade didn't retain the settings, so I had to adjust the full permission option. Now i'm getting an error when adjusting email preferences. @Xon any idea what this is caused by?

When i'm in the user preferences pane and attempt to adjust my email preferences to always receive email notifiations, I get the below error:

View attachment 223149

View attachment 223148
Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'dpp_custom_config' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
[LIST=1]
[*]XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 322
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1468
[*]XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1195
[*]XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1213
[*]XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 69
[*]XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 187
[*]XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php at line 312
[*]XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionPreferences() in src/addons/AVForums/PrefixEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php at line 19
[*]AVForums\PrefixEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionPreferences() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
[*]XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
[/LIST]

Not sure if this is a stock XF error, or part of @Xon 's user essentials add-on we use.

Any ideas?

That error is unrelated to this add-on.

Hi @Xon

Got it figured out - the upgrade didn't retain the settings, so I had to adjust the full permission option
The "Full Message Text Permission" add-on was commissioned by @kontrabass and was a complete rework of the original add-on it was based on. It probably didn't upgrade smoothly because the XF1.x version was way way too old

That error is unrelated to this add-on.

The "Full Message Text Permission" add-on was commissioned by @kontrabass and was a complete rework of the original add-on it was based on. It probably didn't upgrade smoothly because the XF1.x version was way way too old
Yeah, I was the original requester way back in 2016 for XF1 :)

1587666905529.webp

Thanks for your help

Top Bottom