[FS] Events [Paid] [Deleted]

Watch what happens when you complain and or ask if this add-on can be placed in the unmaintained status like it should be. You will get a very rude response from the xenforo team. Probably because the developer is a staff member icon_thumbdown.gif

Yeah, I mean I paid for this, but as far as I can tell there isn't any support or updates coming. Kind of renders my purchase of no use.

Yeah, I mean I paid for this, but as far as I can tell there isn't any support or updates coming. Kind of renders my purchase of no use.
Yeah,I felt about the same way. Quite annoyed that it is being sold as supported and still in development. False advertising.

Every resource is treated the same, regardless who the author is.

This one has been marked as unmaintained, in line with our internal housekeeping rules.

It should be noted that housekeeping is done periodically, not on a daily basis, so anyone is free to report any resource at any time if they feel it meets the criteria for being marked as unmaintained, or deleted.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/resource-housekeeping.112680/

You will get a very rude response from the xenforo team.
I'm sorry if the response you received seemed rude. I don't feel that it was:
Resources are marked as unmaintained according to various criteria, and if this resource meets that criteria it will be marked as Unmaintained in due course.
Incidentally, that is pretty much the same response we give to all requests for resources to be marked unmaintained, regardless of who the author is.

Anyone with a direct line to @Jeremy can ask him if he would be interested in selling his add-on to another developer here? I would be happy to buy it again even, just need something functional and supported.

This one has been marked as unmaintained, in line with our internal housekeeping rules.
Resources are marked as unmaintained according to various criteria, and if this resource meets that criteria it will be marked as Unmaintained in due course.
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/resource-housekeeping.112680/ states that this add-on should be deleted (as it's a paid add-on), not marked un-maintained. Was there a specific reason why it wasn't deleted in line with the housekeeping rules, or just an oversight and will be corrected?

It was already deleted once before, and re-instated (because the developer made a comment?) with nothing coming from that re-instatement. Once deleted, I don't think add-ons should be re-instated unless/until the developer provides a reasonable (not token gesture) bug fix or functional update.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/resource-housekeeping.112680/ states that this add-on should be deleted (as it's a paid add-on), not marked un-maintained. Was there a specific reason why it wasn't deleted in line with the housekeeping rules, or just an oversight and will be corrected?

Pretty cut and dry to me:
"
  • Paid resources where the author has been absent for a while will first be marked as Unmaintained and after a further period of time, be deleted.
"

Pretty cut and dry to me:
Read the next post, immediately after the one you are quoting.

Besides, it's already been deleted once, then re-instated, for nothing - since no release or bug fixes were provided before it's once again been marked unmaintained (when according to housekeeping guidelines, as a paid add-on should be deleted). Clearly the developer is unable to support the add-on, and ambiquity to those potentially interested in it (and those of us that have already paid for it) is unhelpful to the XF brand or the community.

In fact, it's quite a mockery of it having been marked deleted and then having been re-instated.

Read the next post, immediately after the one you are quoting.

Which would apply to this set of criteria:
"author is no longer licensed, has had their forum account deleted, has been permanently banned."

None of which are met.

Which would apply to this set of criteria:
"author is no longer licensed, has had their forum account deleted, has been permanently banned."

None of which are met.
Thread post #2 - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/resource-housekeeping.112680/#post-1101867

How is re-instating a deleted add-on, have the developer provide no release - bug fixes or functional improvements, only to be marked un-maintained again providing protection to customers and the XF brand?

Last edited:
This resource is due for deletion when the next round of housekeeping happens (it happens roughly on a schedule, rather than being a live thing that's checked every day).

How is re-instating a deleted add-on, have the developer provide no release - bug fixes or functional improvements, only to be marked un-maintained again providing protection to customers and the XF brand?

It's not, and it should have been removed long ago IMO, If not by the staff to show there is no favoritism, at least by the developer to show he cares about people, rather than selling an addon.

This resource is due for deletion when the next round of housekeeping happens (it happens roughly on a schedule, rather than being a live thing that's checked every day).
To ensure common understanding of the housekeeping function (as I'm unable to ask in that thread), for a deleted resource to be re-instated the developer only has to ask and/or make a post in their add-on thread. Then disappear again and not participate in over 2 months (5+ months on their own 'official' support forum) and not provide a release or support, and the housekeeping cycle for paid add-ons begins with unmaintained again?

Sorry, to me, that's just running rings around the intention and purpose of the housekeeping function to protect customers (potential new ones anyway, existing aren't protected - buyer beware) and the XF brand.

To ensure common understanding of the housekeeping function (as I'm unable to ask in that thread), for a deleted resource to be re-instated the developer only has to ask and/or make a post in their add-on thread. Then disappear again and not participate in over 2 months (5+ months on their own 'official' support forum), and the housekeeping cycle for paid add-ons begins with unmaintained again?

Sorry, to me, that's just running rings around the intention and purpose of the housekeeping function to protect customers (potential new ones anyway, existing aren't protected - buyer beware) and the XF brand.
Let's be clear - we aren't totally blind to the possibility that what you say can happen. Certainly in the first instance if an author returns and appears to be providing support for their add-on to their existing or potential customers there's no reason, at least initially, to block a request for a resource to be reinstated.

Subsequent requests after further periods of absence will certainly be scrutinised (and they have been before, with other resources).

It's not, and it should have been removed long ago IMO, If not by the staff to show there is no favoritism, at least by the developer to show he cares about people, rather than selling an addon.
There can't be any favouritism. All resources are treated the same, regardless of who the author is.

It's worth noting that the status of a resource isn't necessarily down to whether it has received enough updates or not. It is down to whether the resource appears to be supported.

The author of this resource, until December, was active and providing support (as far as we can be aware) in this thread. They have since become inactive, so the cycle has started again. And, as I mentioned above, we will likely need some level of assurance before this resource is reinstated again.

we will likely need some level of assurance before this resource is reinstated again.
I suggest that if an assurance is provided for it to be re-instated a first time, that if an add-on author meets the criteria a 2nd time shortly thereafter they aren't given the same allowance for a full cycle of unmaintained and deleted, it should just go to deleted immediately.

I suggest that if an assurance is provided for it to be re-instated a first time, that if an add-on author meets the criteria a 2nd time they aren't given the same allowance for a full cycle of unmaintained and deleted, it should just go to deleted immediately.

That would be the way I would like to see it, especially with paid addons.

Top Bottom