[FS] Events [Paid] [Deleted]

You would need to disable the code event listener to disable it completely. And where it is placed in accordance to "End" is solely dependent on the execution order of the for events. I'm currently driving for the next few hours and the name is escaping me and I can't easily check. I believe it includes navigation in the title.

Yeah someone once told me there is a way to go into development mode and change the startup sequence of the nav tabs, but I don't know how of where to do it.

Anyway, when you are done driving can you still look and tell me which one of your templates I need to modify and possibly where to remove the tab?

Thanks...

The tab isn't added via a template. It is added via code, specifically the navigation_tabs.

Enable debug mode temporarily, in the acp, click on development -> code event listeners -> check box next to "navigation_tabs" under fs_events, save, disable debug mode.

The tab isn't added via a template. It is added via code, specifically the navigation_tabs.

Enable debug mode temporarily, in the acp, click on development -> code event listeners -> check box next to "navigation_tabs" under fs_events, save, disable debug mode.

Perfet! Thank You...

I will be extending all licenses to get the update, [...] and hopefully that will be out soon.
Those were mostly relatively small code implementations. And are already done.
[...]
I'm making headway on the code base again.
(6 weeks ago)

3 weeks since your last post - is an update imminent?
(3 weeks ago ... ignored)

1dqj77.jpg

I'm working 70 hour weeks again. Once I get a reprieve or a regular schedule again, I'll get an update out. My life doesn't revolve around development of this add-on. If I could pay my bills with it, the update would be out by now. Until that happens, I'm working a schedule that is not conducive to developing code right now.

OK, I start my new job tomorrow, so I will actually have nights to myself, which means I can actually get into a better rhythm of development (set schedule, set hours, etc.). I'm going to give you guys an option. One of the things that I've been holding out on releasing for is I haven't gotten all of the holiday calendars from Google into the options (its a tedious process) and have a few bugs. Would you rather get a 1.1 beta sooner or wait another few days/weeks for me to get these kinks worked out?

In theory, if I released a beta with a few known bugs (I have 4), I could have it out by Wednesday (I'll need to do a quick code clean up).

By all means get a beta out soon so we can test it and give you feedback and bug reports.
As it stands now we are not even considering to have a calendar on our site until we clearly see a future for FS Events or an alternative.

OK, I start my new job tomorrow
Congrats. Hopefully it makes life for you and your family more comfortable.

Would you rather get a 1.1 beta sooner
I suggest this option. It's been so long, I'm not even sure of the corrections/enhancements that are being made. A beta would help with visibility of changes and understanding of future direction.

As much as I'd like to say it's ready (cleaned code), it's not. I *just* got home at 10:30 after a 7-6 shift because because I got a flat and was out forever dealing with that. I'm going to give it some time tonight, but I don't feel comfortable releasing it before I at least upgrade my site first (and that won't happen tonight).

And so you don't think I'm just completely saying that, the templates & admin are cleaned up. I just need to do php files and those take a little closer look that visual removing of items.

I like to made some suggestions:

First Suggestion: almost every event (at least outside gaming word) use a promo flyer: See in niches like cars, motorcycles, sports, photography, etc. So, I think will be useful to have a option to insert an image when add a new event (height bigger than width).

Second Suggestion: Most "event/calendar manager" today use a different approach in terms of front view. Making use of the flyer suggested before, will be amazing if this addon can show a more visual approach at events main page, maybe using a grid like this example (sorry for the portuguese language but it's just to exemplify).
We will have one more option in default view for the calendar: Flyer - Monthly - Weekly - Daily - Agenda

Third Suggestion: option to add the official URL of the event. Almost all events have one institutional page!

Second Suggestion: Most "event/calendar manager" today use a different approach in terms of front view. Making use of the flyer suggested before, will be amazing if this addon can show a more visual approach at events main page, maybe using a grid like this example (sorry for the portuguese language but it's just to exemplify).
We will have one more option in default view for the calendar: Flyer - Monthly - Weekly - Daily - Agenda
I think that a similar view can be reached featuring all the events and changing the sort with an addon-core hack. I think that @Sheldon done it in his tattoos website some months ago.

But in that way you lose the "feature event" feature as all the events will be featured.

Top Bottom