Frustrated...

...I know that there is a widespread feeling that this very community here is garnering a somewhat negative reputation because of the passion that certain members feel, which often comes across to outsiders as stubborn opinionatedness and clique-rule.
To me being objective means XenForo. I am not a fanboy or brown-noser. Just the way I perceive XenForo in comparison with other commercial board programs.

thumbsUp.jpg

I think you'll find that to some extent with any community surrounding a software product where there are passionate feelings about the application. I know that there is a widespread feeling that this very community here is garnering a somewhat negative reputation because of the passion that certain members feel, which often comes across to outsiders as stubborn opinionatedness and clique-rule.

I like the xenforo and I have been loyal since I first started using it. But you are right, At first I thought some people were jerks and full of themselves and some thinking -- in some aspects, specifications - there was nothing better than what they have.. or no way something could of been done better, or that there is just one way to accomplish something, and lack of real and honest responses, or being forced to do something certain way - knowing there are tons of ways of doing that very same thing. For example when I requested how to add stuff to the head of the page without templates etc.. the first responses were not very legitimate in my opinion, but after that everything has been great,
I like the overall system, but also when you tend to do something certain way, you may get carried away, and forget some aspects are being traded for others, etc.

As another person coming over from SMF it is pretty sad to see what has happened there. The SMF Big Board forum used to be a great source of information but almost all the people there have left or are leaving.

On a technical level its schema is a mess and made building an importer for it just not worth it. We abandoned ship on that but did build a system to pull the passwords through vB and testing out redirect scripts when using vB as an intermediary. I'll add those to the add-on forum if people want once we are sure they work.

Top Bottom