• Antarctica

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

Oh woha! Thats amazing...
And that is interesting ;
Religions: Taoism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism
Life expectancy: 78 years (men), 83 years (women) (UN)
Major languages: English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil
Why, Taoism religion and English language is very popular from others? I'm really confused now.
In fact, it's very interesting... What's your the real nationality language? OR how many language?

I guess most of the Americans are on facebook, that's why Europe are beating us :D

I hate when USA subsumes the name America, what about the other american countries? America is a continent, for The god's sake.
Explain: An uruguay or mexican or columbian man/woman say: "We are also american"
Explain 2: in New York or California, a man/woman say: "We are also american"
And now I'm asking which correctly? OR thats normal OR not the true? Please tell me it, lol :P

I hate when USA subsumes the name America, what about the other american countries? America is a continent, for The god's sake.
Explain: An uruguay or mexican or columbian man/woman say: "We are also american"
Explain 2: in New York or California, a man/woman say: "We are also american"
And now I'm asking which correctly? OR thats normal OR not the true? Please tell me it, lol :p
Being from the US, I questioned that many times. North America consists of Canada, United States and Mexico. Canada's people are Canadians, Mexico's people are Mexicans and for some reason, we're not United Statians :p I guess just because it sounds funny. My ex co-worker is from Guyana (South America) and he's been in the United States since he was 17. I forget what it was we were talking about, but someone's response to him was, "well that's because you're not an American", in which he replied, "Of course I am, I'm from South America, thus, I am American". :p

The view from our lounge :D

031.webp

Being from the US, I questioned that many times. North America consists of Canada, United States and Mexico. Canada's people are Canadians, Mexico's people are Mexicans and for some reason, we're not United Statians :p I guess just because it sounds funny. My ex co-worker is from Guyana (South America) and he's been in the United States since he was 17. I forget what it was we were talking about, but someone's response to him was, "well that's because you're not an American", in which he replied, "Of course I am, I'm from South America, thus, I am American". :p

Ahahah sounds great man, I've forget it 'Canada' on my the last post. But believe me this is very confusing a subject when for argue. Because this is just the same think all in the world. Explain, on a movie, or city, or guy, or teacher say: "American... american... he's american... she's american..." That is normal? Everyone will think the same, so like me. And now may be you know this, french and spanish people usually don't speak english, even if they know it. If you ask a person a way in spain, in english. They usually don't answer even if they understand english. It's because first spain was the king of the seas and england takes their place in the seas and similarly in the past france was the strongest country in terms of spreading their language and cultura. As we know england has taken the lead. I want to mean, Spain and France don't like the country that has overthrown them in these senses... Once and for all, South America people don't talk english and hate it but say "we are also, americans." and angry, when a the human say "I'm an american" in new york/other city in North America or Canada. Jmurrayhead, thanks for reply but I have a question; You're native american? I didn't understand that yet.

Canadians, Mexicans, United States Of Americans.

I guess it's how it always been and basically got carried over through the years.

Ahahah sounds great man, I've forget it 'Canada' on my the last post. But believe me this is very confusing a subject when for argue. Because this is just the same think all in the world. Explain, on a movie, or city, or guy, or teacher say: "American... american... he's american... she's american..." That is normal? Everyone will think the same, so like me. And now may be you know this, french and spanish people usually don't speak english, even if they know it. If you ask a person a way in spain, in english. They usually don't answer even if they understand english. It's because first spain was the king of the seas and england takes their place in the seas and similarly in the past france was the strongest country in terms of spreading their language and cultura. As we know england has taken the lead. I want to mean, Spain and France don't like the country that has overthrown them in these senses... Once and for all, South America people don't talk english and hate it but say "we are also, americans." and angry, when a the human say "I'm an american" in new york/other city in North America or Canada. Jmurrayhead, thanks for reply but I have a question; You're native american? I didn't understand that yet.

Well, I don't really know the technicalities behind it. If you search in Google, "why are people from the United States called 'Americans'?" you'll see a lot of heated debate on the subject. We are called Americans and have been for ages. Anything else would sound really silly, like "United Statians" or "United Staten". "America" is apart of our country's name, "The United States of America", so really it's just the easiest thing to call us. The bottom line is, if someone lets something like that anger them, then they have other issues besides what our country refers to its people as. It's really not a big deal.

As for being Native American, officially I'm not. I do have it in my bloodline somewhere (a very small, insignificant percent), but like most people born in the United States, I'm a mix of several cultures, with a decent percent of me being French. In fact, my grandmother's maiden name (the name she went by before she was married) is LaFond.

Canadians, Mexicans, United States Of Americans.

Why you said that now? I really can't understand or I'm confused more, Canada / Mexica -> in the America continent. Why then call to them "canadians, mexicans, vs..." In fact, they are not Americans? I'd guess this is just fkn bullsht, sorry.

Why you said that now? I really can't understand or I'm confused more, Canada / Mexica -> in the America continent. Why then call to them "canadians, mexicans, vs..." In fact, they are not Americans? I'd guess this is just fkn bullsht, sorry.

Don't let things like this piss you off bud. A rose by any other name will smell just as sweet [ Shakesphere]

Why is the word [P*i*s*s] censored? That's not even a curse word.

Well, I don't really know the technicalities behind it. If you search in Google, "why are people from the United States called 'Americans'?" you'll see a lot of heated debate on the subject. We are called Americans and have been for ages. Anything else would sound really silly, like "United Statians" or "United Staten". "America" is apart of our country's name, "The United States of America", so really it's just the easiest thing to call us. The bottom line is, if someone lets something like that anger them, then they have other issues besides what our country refers to its people as. It's really not a big deal.

As for being Native American, officially I'm not. I do have it in my bloodline somewhere (a very small, insignificant percent), but like most people born in the United States, I'm a mix of several cultures, with a decent percent of me being French. In fact, my grandmother's maiden name (the name she went by before she was married) is LaFond.

I see, thank you for reply and friend, never mind it (: This is very the long subject and I'd guess it's never finished :P

Don't let things like this **** you off bud. A rose by any other name will smell just as sweet [ Shakesphere]
Why is the word [P*i*s*s] censored? That's not even a curse word.

Lol, are you okay?
Shakesphere... Cool man, haha.

You know what really makes me wonder with such debates and discussions as this one, if you really want to strong-arm someone into capitulating with one school of thought or another by presenting trick questions, why don't I present the greatest trick response of all.

The planet Earth has a crust, it is unending, it covers every single square inch of the Globe, so in actuality we are ALL living in the same place, continents and the such are divisions brought about by conquering forces. I personally want no part in those factors, I, as pretty much all English people consider myself to be English, it is by other factors that we are forced into acceptance of ideologies that we couldn't care less for.

For my part, I live in England, England in terms of the people, are absolutely nothing to do with Europe, the arguements presented here against my point are strange to me, I do not wish to argue with you about my feelings and how we English see who we are. People from other countries such as Ireland should not be trying to attack me, I have absolutely no control over what the English government get up to, the government are NOT the people and they really do NOT represent what we want or how we would like the World to see us, I do not agree with a massive amount of what our government get up to, but believe me when I say they don't care what I think or feel, they never have and never will.

My point remains steadfast, England is a part of the United Kingdom (or Great Britain, this terms always baffles me in truth!), not Europe.

Actually have to agree with Alice here. The United Kingdom might share the same continental shelf as Europe but the majority of the population does not want to have the Euro, we love the great British Pound, the majority do not want the idiots in Brussels eroding what this country has fought long and hard for, nor do we want to be hampered by silly bureaucratic laws. Not sure if you remember but there was an uproar when the fools told retailers that they couldn't weigh produce in pounds (lbs) and ounces (oz) but had to go metric. Some of the things that originate from Brussels are just plain stupid. Therefore when you meet those people, like myself or Alice, you will be told that England is not part of Europe but of the UK/GB.

The UK might be a member of the European Union but we have ensured that we do not have to follow certain things that membership tries to enforce, lots of local policy still stay firmly with the UK Government.

Myself, I am half-Italian, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 English, was born in England and firmly believe that I am English as this is my home and where my castle resides. On all official forms, I put English as nationality.

Actually have to agree with Alice here. The United Kingdom might share the same continental shelf as Europe but the majority of the population does not want to have the Euro, we love the great British Pound, the majority do not want the idiots in Brussels eroding what this country has fought long and hard for, nor do we want to be hampered by silly bureaucratic laws. Not sure if you remember but there was an uproar when the fools told retailers that they couldn't weigh produce in pounds (lbs) and ounces (oz) but had to go metric. Some of the things that originate from Brussels are just plain stupid. Therefore when you meet those people, like myself or Alice, you will be told that England is not part of Europe but of the UK/GB.

The UK might be a member of the European Union but we have ensured that we do not have to follow certain things that membership tries to enforce, lots of local policy still stay firmly with the UK Government.

Myself, I am half-Italian, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 English, was born in England and firmly believe that I am English as this is my home and where my castle resides. On all official forms, I put English as nationality.
What's wrong with the metric system. Personally i hate that the USA doesn't use it.

What's wrong with the metric system. Personally i hate that the USA doesn't use it.

There is nothing wrong with the metric system but the majority of the populous (ie the oldies) have lived and grown up using imperial measurements. That is slowly changing, for the better. I guess it is a resistance to change. Don't forget that England (and her Empire) ruled 1/4 of the Earth not that long ago (the largest in history), industrialised first, and gave the World many many great things. We are a very very proud nation of people who do not want to be "ruled" by another collection of people. Hence the resistance to being called part of Europe.

Top Bottom