XF 1.2 From 1.1.5 to XF 1.2.0 beta 5, Having a lot of timeouts

rdn

Encounter on:
Upgrading... 1.2.0 Alpha, Step 5
Upgrading... 1.2.0 Alpha, Step 6
Now stack on Upgrading... 1.2.0 Alpha, Step 10
Almost 2 hours of 500 Internal Server Error/ Request Timeout Page, still not yet done.

How can I prevent this on happening under Shared Hosting?
Last time I upgrade my test forum using beta 3 and 4, didn't encounter this.

Encounter on:
Upgrading... 1.2.0 Alpha, Step 5
Upgrading... 1.2.0 Alpha, Step 6
Now stack on Upgrading... 1.2.0 Alpha, Step 10
Almost 2 hours of 500 Internal Server Error/ Request Timeout Page, still not yet done.

How can I prevent this on happening under Shared Hosting?
Last time I upgrade my test forum using beta 3 and 4, didn't encounter this.

Have your host increase your resources. We haven't had anyone have issues with any upgrades beyond 2nd day of beta release.

After a very long period of timeout, now Upgrade page ask for admin login.
After I login, I receive this message.

Error
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

You need to contact your host about this. An ISE error is something to do with your web server. I have seen overly restrictive server modules like mod_evasive generate this error during intensive operations like cache rebuilds.

1.2a step 10 alters xf_conversation_master and xf_conversation_user. 1.2a step 11 alters xf_post. If those tables are very large you might be looking at a timeout of some sort.

You can also try the CLI upgrader if you have shell access to your server:

library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php

So next time I do a fresh upgrade, disabling file cache first will help eliminate this error?

The cause is unknown. For ISE errors you need to contact your host. Then we can know the cause and fix. Until then we are just making educated guesses.

I don't see why a file cache would cause this.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom