Friends by Waindigo [Deleted]

Hi,
I`m just starting to play around with this. Wouldn`t it make sense to also expand the privacy settings so that you could allow only friends to view your profile info etc.?

Also I don`t understand yet why you have to follow a member to be able to friend him/her. Wouldn`t it be better to be able to friend someone without having to follow him first?
all the best,
Sacha

Hi,
I`m just starting to play around with this. Wouldn`t it make sense to also expand the privacy settings so that you could allow only friends to view your profile info etc.?
Happy to add. Please PM me.

Also I don`t understand yet why you have to follow a member to be able to friend him/her. Wouldn`t it be better to be able to friend someone without having to follow him first?
all the best,
Sacha
I think there is an option for this already in the add-on.

• Added option to require (or not) following of a member before a friend request is made.
  • Added option to automatically make users follow each other upon confirmation of a friend request.
Can you make it so that if 2 people follow each other they automatically become friends?

This seems like a very logical way to do it and would be very similar to how its done on Twitter.

Then if people want the functionality, they can make it so that you cannot send a conversation to a user unless they are your friend which works just like Direct Message on twitter.

Please consider this!

Errors in my log after upgrading:

XenForo_Exception: Unable to derive User ID from provided parameters. - library/XenForo/Model/User.php:96

#0 /----/----/----/forum/library/Waindigo/Friends/Extend/XenForo/Model/User.php(361): XenForo_Model_User::getUserIdFromUser(NULL)
#1 /----/----/----/forum/library/Waindigo/Friends/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php(41): Waindigo_Friends_Extend_XenForo_Model_User->getFriendsDenormalizedValue(NULL)
#2 /----/----/----/forum/library/Milano/SmileyManager/DataWriter/User.php(24): Waindigo_Friends_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_User->_preSave()
#3 /----/----/----/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1434): Milano_SmileyManager_DataWriter_User->_preSave()
#4 /----/----/----/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(282): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#5 /----/----/----/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#6 /----/----/----/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /----/----/----/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "http://-----.com/register/register"

:\

Was hoping the cache portion was going to fix the issue with large numbers of friends but didn't seem to :/
The cache is used so that the bigger queries don't have to be used for privacy purposes (i.e., to check whether a user can start a conversation), but it is still used on the profile. I can add an option to use the cache here also if you are interested.

The cache is used so that the bigger queries don't have to be used for privacy purposes (i.e., to check whether a user can start a conversation), but it is still used on the profile. I can add an option to use the cache here also if you are interested.

It would be nice, as currently users with high friend counts have absurd load times. I deal with it by limiting the query.

I upgraded to 1.0.4a and I'm still having some issues.

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Milano_SmileyManager_DataWriter_User::_get() -library/Waindigo/Friends/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php:40

This wasn't an issue on the previous version I had, which I believe was 1.0.0, so I assume it's an incompatibility with something added in the new version. Hope it's fixable!

Waindigo updated Friends by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5 released

New features:
  • Added option to disable 'Mutual Friends'. This will improve page load times on sites where users have a very large number of friends.
Bug fixes:
  • Automatically limited query if mutual friends are not required (i.e., if viewing own profile or viewing as a guest) to improve page load times.
  • Fixed undefined method _get() error.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`xenforo_db`.`xf_user`.`friend_count` - 1)' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: User, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 /---/---/---/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /---/---/---/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /---/---/---/forum/library/Waindigo/Friends/DataWriter/Friend.php(134): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('??????UPDATE xf...')
#3 /---/---/---/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1397): Waindigo_Friends_DataWriter_Friend->_postSave()
#4 /---/---/---/forum/library/Waindigo/Friends/Extend/XenForo/Model/User.php(145): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#5 /---/---/---/forum/library/Waindigo/Friends/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php(199): Waindigo_Friends_Extend_XenForo_Model_User->unfriend(45554)
#6 /---/---/---/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Waindigo_Friends_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionUnfriend()
#7 /---/---/---/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /---/---/---/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://---------.com/members/user.45554/unfriend"

Also

SELECT user.user_id
FROM xf_friend AS friend
INNER JOIN xf_user AS user
ON (((user.user_id = friend.user_id AND friend.user_id != ?)
OR (user.user_id = friend.friend_user_id AND friend.friend_user_id != ?)) AND user.is_banned = 0)
WHERE (friend.user_id = ? OR friend.friend_user_id = ?)
AND friend.friend_state = 'confirmed'
ORDER BY user.username

This query happens twice when loading a users page, and it's quite extensive for users with high friend counts. (~10 seconds each)

I got this fatal error:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'Waindigo_Friends_Extend_XenForo_Model_User' not found - library/XenForo/Application.php(514) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, Четвъртък в 4:12 AM

Meanwhile, one quick idea:
Is there a way I can add a link below message_user_info like this add-on?

Top Bottom