Friendly Members List :)

How is option two more "friendly"? Also, how many people (say out of 1,000) would actually use this?

EDIT: I mainly make "arguments" on member list changes based off the fact that I rarely use them.

I personally have never found the need for a members list heh, let alone something like this.

I could see this beneficial for a dating forum ;p

Members list is absolutely VITAL to us on both our forums. People browse it and get direct contact links off it.
But then I customise it to add more info from the profile. Plus mine are small forums.

No longer relevant due to the changes in 1.2.

Oh dear that worries me because Memberlist is so important to me.

Also I don't find it helpful for people to come on a thread about a certain function and say they don't use it. The thread is for those that do, and how they need it or want it to be.

Also I don't find it helpful for people to come on a thread about a certain function and say they don't use it. The thread is for those that do, and how they need it or want it to be.
If you think its still relevant, report the thread and Mike can look into it.

No longer relevant due to the changes in 1.2.
If you think its still relevant, report the thread and Mike can look into it.

I thought Reports were for spam or discourtesy.

What I meant is that Brogan's information is cryptic. It means i have no idea of the memberlist is to be deleted completely, or redone in a radically different form which would make my current design difficult to transfer, or whether it will be usefully enriched ...

... which would meant admin ticking those items to be displayed on the memberlist listing - components from the membercard, the profile custom fields etc
... and different searches such as usergroup/s searches
... and admin option to Hide selected usergroups from the frontend list.

I thought Reports were for spam or discourtesy.

What I meant is that Brogan's information is cryptic. It means i have no idea of the memberlist is to be deleted completely, or redone in a radically different form which would make my current design difficult to transfer, or whether it will be usefully enriched ...

... which would meant admin ticking those items to be displayed on the memberlist listing - components from the membercard, the profile custom fields etc
... and different searches such as usergroup/s searches
... and admin option to Hide selected usergroups from the frontend list.
Per Brogan's request, you should report threads related to suggestions that are already implemented or duplicated. He may have Mike deal with your report. I've personally reported hundreds of threads in the last month.

If you read the latest HYS thread, his information wasn't cryptic. The default members list is being replaced with a new "Notable Members" listing which lists staff, highest posters, highest liked users, most trophy points, and today's birthdays. The default members list will be a toggle-able feature, and you may turn it back on in your install. There is also a screen capture in the thread.

Brogan doesn't mark suggestions as implemented until they've been announced in HYS or Mike posts saying its been implemented.

Top Bottom