Fresh Pages

Fresh Pages 1.0.0

No permission to download

Rob

Rob submitted a new resource:

Fresh Pages - Indexes pages based on date last updated and freshen important pages in searches

Currently, XenForo indexes page nodes based upon the date the pages were first published. This add overrides this functionality and will index page nodes in the search index based upon the date the page was last updated. This is important if you want recently updated pages to have their date updated in the search index.

Additionally, each page node is given a new checkbox setting:
Always treat this page as fresh?
If you enable this on a page node then a cron task automatically...

Read more about this resource...

I quite don't understand the purpose of it. Can you make an example? Like what happens whether this add-on is enabled or not.

You must see that some of us have problems with understanding the English language :p.
A wall of text is good for details. But images are more straight.
What is meant with "page node" and in which cases will this improve the search index.

There is no image I can show you.
Page nodes are pages (as opposed to a forum or category).
I'm not sure how else I can explain this.

I thought maybe a "before and after" image. Like how the results of a search are before your add-on is activated, and one with after your add-on is activated.
But thank you for trying.

Before: Your page nodes may not show in search results if they were not published very recently
After: Your page nodes will show in results based on the date last updated
Optionally: You can mark individual page nodes so they are always given priority in searches

Hope this helps, I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Reactions: sbj
Ahh, now I got it. I didn't know what page nodes are, now I know. Sorry. Thank you, I got it now.

Reactions: Rob
I'll be updating this in the next few days so that it uses the xf_page table instead of xf_node :)
However, confirmed working in xF 1.5 beta 3 :)

Top Bottom