XF 2.1 Frequent duplicate/triplicate posts

sandnes

For some reason my forum suffers from frequent multiple posts (2x, 3x, even 4x).

At the moment I presume it happens mainly because of user error - I suspect that many people make a post, which starts the yellow/orange activity animation at the top of the screen, but something's timing out of takes too long sometimes, and the animation just never stops and the page never refreshes, leading to the user going back and clicking post again (even though the post was already done the first time).

1. Can I disable that animation, especially if the animation itself is affecting the length of time it takes to complete the posting process?
  2. If the animation is unrelated, what's taking so long to complete posts? (Yes, it DOES happen more often when the forum is very busy, but it also happens when it's not busy) I mean, why does the page never come back?
  3. Any other insight or ideas?

Problems of this nature are typically due to underlying server issues.

In general, a post should submit almost immediately - if it's taking longer than a second or two then you should get your sysadmin or host to investigate.

If it is taking a long time for posts to be submitted (but viewing pages is still reasonable) - this indicates to me that you may have a poorly configured database server.

Top Bottom