[Free] Windows 8 Developer Build

Please tell me you can disable the default function of the start button. That is not something I will EVER be able to use. It actually screws me up. That should be it's own function like 'aero menu' or something...not a replacement for my damn start bar...I mean the functionality is cool...but it is useless to me unless I am using my IRpen or touchscreen. Also since when should I have to manually create a shortcut to control panel to get to it????

View attachment 19288

I feel like I went from Windows 7 to "Window Pains".

PLEASE oh PLEAZZZEE tell me I can implement default functionality with the start button/menu
Is that what it looks like? I think it's kinda purty. :love:

Is that what it looks like? I think it's kinda purty. :love:

Well it is not bad...looking...but if I am using my computer for busy work it will slow things down....everything is a chore to get to. It is not a bad thing for your everyday user doing normal things...but the way I have always setup my windows environment means that a pinned item is going to go somewhere in this big webpage looking thing...It is cool and all I just don't want it for my start menu which I think of as my quick access for everything.

As long as they do not replace it and it is only an option and I can disable the metro stuff I'll be happy.

Also not really keen on attaching my windows login to an email/live id for some metro crap. I just want my old menu...I don't need or want a splediferous scrolling lightup whizbang to load up when all I want to open is control panel or Win explorer or any of the apps pinned to the the start menu.
You can go into Control Panel and make your account a "local" account. It won't be attached to Windows Live at all.

I understand that....but your not getting...I am missing this...and it is a requirement for the way I operate my computer with speed....I don't need an over-sized scroll-in menu

thid.webp

compared to :

8.webp

There is a big difference

Windows 8 is quite interesting from what I have used of it... I might have to say that Windows may have an official product OS to compete with the iOSes

Top Bottom