Free Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

vbresults updated Free Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone with a new update entry:

Ineligibility Requirements Updated

The ineligibility requirements have been updated:
  • Your community has less than three hundred members
  • Your community's main subject is: sports, online gaming, sex, religion, or gambling
  • Your community is private (requires a login to view most content)
Note: If your community hosts or links to illegal content (i.e. torrents and warez), it will *always* be rejected.

Read the rest of this update entry...

"Your community's main subject is: sports, online gaming" I would love to know the reason for that, as would probably many others. It seems like a fairly foolish restriction.

Sorry, but it looks no good for me. Putting listings in "what's new" will definitively confuse members. Talking about me as a common member, should I be confused once or twice and subject app will be uninstalled in few seconds.

sorry for this feedback...

Sorry, but it looks no good for me. Putting listings in "what's new" will definitively confuse members. Talking about me as a common member, should I be confused once or twice and subject app will be uninstalled in few seconds.

sorry for this feedback...

You do realize that @vbresults is giving the app away for free. The only stipulation is the Sponsered Listing part? I'd say that's a small price to pay considering the paid version with out the SP part is close to $300 and not sure if that is per year or a one time cost. I'm guessing it's a yearly cost. I as well as most others don't mind the SP part to get a $300+ value for free. The developer has to recoup costs somehow. If you're concerned about it confusing members then send a mass email or post a thread about it on your site informing members what it is.

You do realize that @vbresults is giving the app away for free. The only stipulation is the Sponsered Listing part? I'd say that's a small price to pay considering the paid version with out the SP part is close to $300 and not sure if that is per year or a one time cost. I'm guessing it's a yearly cost. I as well as most others don't mind the SP part to get a $300+ value for free. The developer has to recoup costs somehow. If you're concerned about it confusing members then send a mass email or post a thread about it on your site informing members what it is.
I could live with that if listings/ads were placed apart and not mixed with forum threads update. I choose not to confuse my Forum Members.

I could live with that if listings/ads were placed apart and not mixed with forum threads update. I choose not to confuse my Forum Members.

I agree. I assume the reasoning for excluding religion and other niches listed is because the ads don't pay enough to warrant the trouble. They want higher paying niches for the free service. It makes sense but at the same time I don't think we will pay over 1k dollars a year to support something that will not release details on future updates to the public and also exclude niches because they do not pay enough. I want eyes on the product when that kind of money is involved. This seems like a work in progress still. We will revisit when XF 2 goes live on our sites. I just don't see a long term product right now.

vbresults updated Free Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone with a new update entry:

Update: Minimal UI Option

Due to an oversight, the minimal UI option was available to Free app users, and allowed them to use it as a loophole to avoid sponsored listings.

This option is now only available on TMA (discontinuing feature parity), and forums abusing this loophole will have the regular app UI restored.

Additionally, the abusing apps will not operate until the next update that applies the fix.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
"forums abusing this loophole will have the regular app UI restored."

This language strikes me as an unwarranted affront. I like the minimal UI and asked for it even when I was on paid tier. I never went looking for any loophole and certainly didn't "abuse" anything.

Please consider adding a different monetization for those of us who like the minimal UI on the free tier. I'm guessing that a full screen interstitial on app launch would pay you well and would be preferable to me than using the full UI.

I'm guessing that a full screen interstitial on app launch would pay you well and would be preferable to me than using the full UI.
Thank you for the creative suggestion. That said, we will never put interstitial or any type of pop-up ads in our apps.

Are the free apps that were disabled pending update on track to be re-enabled today? You had suggested that we tell our members the app would be disabled until Feb 1, and some of them are asking me about it.

Heads up that new Free Mobile Apps applications will not be processed between now and the middle of March; more details to come at that time.

Top Bottom