Free hosting panels that work with OpenLiteSpeed?

Bummer, that's why I wanted to try OLS. Now it's just a slightly slower nginx.
What you do is put the .htaccess commands in the rewrite segment for the VHOST definition. I've got to do some tweaking on mine (went back to nginx for some other reasons and now my FURL's aren't working when I try it).

I know this is an old post but I thought it might be helpful for some people.

I would vote for no-panel as well but if you really would like to have a panel, in my opinion the best option would be DirectAdmin.

The server/hosting provider that I am using is offering it for a very cheap price with their services (VPS/Cloud Servers). If I am not mistaken for only $9.99 you can get DirectAdmin and Entry Level Cloud server. I am sure there is also many other providers if you make a search. This one that I am getting my servers from is : AiONETS - Cloud Solutions. I am working with them from 2016 and they have been really helpful and I have had no issues.

Now, in 2019 OLS 1.4 and OLS1.5 do support limited .htaccess rewrite rules which is great if you are not willing to use vhost confs.

I would definitely recommend LiteSpeed over NGiNX (although there is no doubt that NGiNX is an amazing webserver) and my reason is ease of use and less configurations while you will get the same and even better performance.

I'm actually in the process of moving all my websites over to a CyberPanel powered server. During testing it seems really nice and websites are blazing fast.

If anyone is considering CyberPanel, I would highly recommend not using it until further notice...

There's nothing else said about it, no info at all.

Actually, it seems like they did find something and CyberPanel patched it.

Top Bottom