XF 2.2 forwarding issues

3rdlaw

Trouble in paradise!

Since I've run the scripts to migrate from vBulletin to xenforo, everything was going well. Kind of is still going well but I've received over a thousand emails between yesterday and today. Here is a sample of the content of each email.

mysqli_real_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) /home/njfly/public_html/vBulletin/includes/class_core.php on line 1351 MySQL Error : Error Number : Request Date : Wednesday, October 5th 2022 @ 07:42:03 AM Error Date : Wednesday, October 5th 2022 @ 07:42:03 AM Script : [URL]http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=16587[/URL] Referrer : IP Address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Username : Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version :

What's going on here. Also, if I google search for a thread that's on my site, it does not bring me to the thread, it brings me to a vBulletin error page; Example:
Sample

I thought the upgrade script was supposed to take care of that?

The login information such as host name, user, password and database name in vBulletin's includes/config.php do not match the actual host name, user, password and database name for vBulletin.

Either you changed the database login, or your host did, because Xenforo doesn't change it (and can't).

Did you upgrade the PHP and MySQL version to be compatible with Xenforo? I run multiple PHP, so PHP 5.6 is specifically configured to a sub domain, like vbulletin.njflyfishing.com, for the vBulletin board. If you were especially on 3.8, it is not compatible with any PHP 7.x.

The issue was as you said, config.php had incorrect information. Updated that and no longer have this particular issue but redirects are still not working.

PHP is 7.x

The issue was as you said, config.php had incorrect information. Updated that and no longer have this particular issue but redirects are still not working.

PHP is 7.x

Are you referring to the redirects you mentioned here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/update-from-vbulletin.209327/#post-1593620

What those are, is to redirect old vBulletin links, such as: http://www.njflyfishing.com/showthread.php?t=16587
To here: https://njflyfishing.com/index.php?threads/virginia-beach-guide.7764/

It does not redirect from your old board to your new one.

Here's an example of where I'm at. If I goto google and type:"

"Beaver creek by Nemocolin is awesome trout fishing"​

I click that link (3rd result down) and it brings me here:

Beaver creek by Nemocolin is awesome trout fishing

It should bring me here though:

When I initially installed vBulletin, it was in its own subfolder. I installed xenforo to the root instead of a subfolder. I thought that would make things a bit easier.

Here's an example of where I'm at. If I goto google and type:"

"Beaver creek by Nemocolin is awesome trout fishing"​

I click that link (3rd result down) and it brings me here:

Beaver creek by Nemocolin is awesome trout fishing

It should bring me here though:

When I initially installed vBulletin, it was in its own subfolder. I installed xenforo to the root instead of a subfolder. I thought that would make things a bit easier.

Oh, okay well, that's the problem.
The Xenforo redirect addon was created specifically to handle redirects of the site data being in the same folder. You've changed it, from a sub folder to the root.

The problem is search engines like Google has your board's data as the vBulletin sub folder.

I think you need help with using HTACCESS rewrites to change from subfolder to the root.

I've been toying with the rewritebase thing to no avail so I tried what you have above and nothing, not even an error which got me thinking that something else is going on so I renamed the .htaccess file and nothing changed. I hit my host up to see if they can see something that I'm not.

Thanks for your input, hope I'm not being too annoying. Most of the site is working.

I've been toying with the rewritebase thing to no avail so I tried what you have above and nothing, not even an error which got me thinking that something else is going on so I renamed the .htaccess file and nothing changed. I hit my host up to see if they can see something that I'm not.

Thanks for your input, hope I'm not being too annoying. Most of the site is working.

Yeah I think they'll be able to help with this for sure, since it isn't Xenforo related.

I'd be interested to know how they resolve this :)

Top Bottom