Forumer to XenForo Import (Manual import option?)

tbasket

We currently have a massive forum with years of posts hosted on Forumer. We are looking at options to move somewhere where we have more control and a paid server for downtime accountability. Forumer does not allow you access to database to get a DB copy. However I have written a tool that parses the entire board page by page and can output any way I want with all the data needed (post id, user name, timestamp, content, signature, etc...).

Without purchasing I can't tell what your database schema is like or if it's possible to do some kind of manual database inserting to import all our posts. So is that something that is possible?

Thanks,
tb

Thanks guys, I am trying this out. So it looks like the simplest path to go down is use that already built crawler in MagnusB's link to convert to phpbb2, run phpbb3's conversion from phpbb2, then import to xenforo from phpbb3. Does anyone know if it's possible that Xenforo can import phpbb2 without issue (I only see phpbb3 on the import option)?

I believe xenforo import from phpbb3 , as phpbb2 had been long dead "officially" by the time Xenforo came out

so the path of crawler > phpbb2 > phpbb3 > xenforo

Thanks guys, I am trying this out. So it looks like the simplest path to go down is use that already built crawler in MagnusB's link to convert to phpbb2, run phpbb3's conversion from phpbb2, then import to xenforo from phpbb3. Does anyone know if it's possible that Xenforo can import phpbb2 without issue (I only see phpbb3 on the import option)?
The crawler should import to phpBB3:
Converters for Forumer, ZetaBoards, SuddenLaunch and several other forums are provided. Please read the Instructions.txt file in the corresponding folder. I've tried my best to make these understandable, but any comments or suggestions on any part of the process are welcome.

The phpBB2 converters produce SQL which should be compatible with phpBB 2.0.22.
The phpBB3 converters produce SQL which should be compatible with phpBB 3.0.7.

Top Bottom