Forum / What´s New / it shows: "No results found."

erich37

when I click onto "Forum / What´s New" at my website, it does not show anything.

It says "No results found." , although there are a few threads and posts already.

Is there something wrong at my settings or is this normal when there are not that many threads yet ?

whiterabbitexpress-no-results-under-what-is-new-jpg.14555

Went to this new site.
Looked good.
I clicked on What's New
and I get "No Results Found".
There are lots of posts.
I am new, so everything should be New.

Yet: "No Results Found".

It looks bad for a new site to be telling users that there is nothing new.

It doesn't show "no results found" any more. It tells you that there's nothing new, but you can view everything instead. I really recommend you upgrade.

It doesn't show "no results found" any more. It tells you that there's nothing new, but you can view everything instead. I really recommend you upgrade.
hmmm.
does it say ..
You have no unread threads. You may view all recent threads instead.
?
If so, that is really not much of an improvement at all.
If it displays recent threads (not a link), that would be an improvement.
*researching*

Looks like this idea from Floris takes this problem seriously.

of course a link here gives me the:
http://www.defendxenforo.org/forum/find-new/threads
No results found.

Mike,

I have upgraded and am running XF version 1.0.4 (since a couple months now) and it still says "No Results Found" when clicking onto "What's New".
Tlking about when you are not logged-in into the website.
Even when you are logged-in into the website, then when clicking onto the Link "show recent threads" also displays "no results found".

This is actually a lot easier than it was prior to 1.2.

In 1.1.x the message you refer to was generated by the controller response function "responseMessage".

Response message is pretty much just that. It renders a page with no other templates included. Just the container and a simple phrase as the message. You can't edit anything on the page other than the phrase used.

Since 1.2.x this is now generated by the responseView function so it renders an entire template with various parameters available etc.

This basically means you just need to edit the "find_new_posts_none" template and modify it however you wish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom