Forum topics as grid

petalstats

I have been searching Google to see if there is a theme for this or whether it is in the styling options at all.No i don't mean sub forums as grid either.I have took a picture of what i would like and whether it is a theme or whether it can be done by template edits,Can this be done for xenforo

what and how to do this.webp

What resolution? I am guessing you have three options here:

1. Reduce font size for node titles (not really viable, they need to be significantly reduced)
2. Define a height for the node box that fits
3. Move the last post bit below the node title

The problem is that the node title goes over two lines on some nodes, meaning they have a bigger height than the others, which offsets them. Probably the easiest thing to do is to just set a height on the first css rule in my code.

I am not to good at coding if it is explain and put in front of me i can do it.I take it the three steps you are talking about are all in the extra css.Thank you so much for all your help

Change
Code:
.node.level_2 {
  float: left;
  width: 50%;
}
To:
Code:
.node.level_2 {
  float: left;
  width: 50%;
  height: 100px;
}

You might have to increase the height (100px) to something that fits.

I found out if i add sub forums to the forums which don't have them it is perfect,Is there a way to turn of the sub forum under each topic on forum home so all you have is discussions and messages.I really appreciate your help thank you

View attachment 39112

This is what i am getting mostly the ones which have sub forums

Also, if I were you I would remove the phrase "latest:" that will free up some space (as discussed above) you could adjust the width of the lastpost which would free up even more space adjusting the width accordingly to your preference.

Code:
.node .nodeLastPost {
    width: 150px !important;
}

Actually, strike that you wouldn't go in phrases area you could go into node_forum_level_2 template and remove the following if you were inclined to remove the "latest:" text

Code:
{xen:phrase latest}:

Just some options for you to explore to free up space and achieve the dual column.

I found out if i add sub forums to the forums which don't have them it is perfect,Is there a way to turn of the sub forum under each topic on forum home so all you have is discussions and messages.I really appreciate your help thank you

Have you tried the sub forum grid layout? by CyberAp? I linked to it in this thread but this may sort out your subforum issue though I haven't tested it so I'm guessing it might be fruitful to try that.

Been busy this weekend, but to solve it try adding:

Code:
.node .nodeInfo.primaryContent {
min-height: 90px;
}

I think that is what does it, the problem is in Chrome as well.

Top Bottom